How will this help?
This article will explain what to do if you get a blue screen stating ":( Your PC ran into a problem" while using BlueStacks, causing your PC to restart.
What should I do?
In such a scenario, please follow the procedure given below in order to solve this issue:
1. Uninstall BlueStacks completely by following this guide.
2. Now, download and install the latest version of BlueStacks from our official website and see if this resolves the issue.
3. Please ensure that Virtualization is enabled on your PC. Click on the links below to learn how to:
- Enable Virtualization on Windows 10
- Enable Virtualization on Windows 8, 8.1
- Enable Virtualization on Windows 7
4. If you're using Avast Antivirus, following the steps mentioned in this article can also help resolve the issue.
5. However, if the issue still persists, send us the MEMORY.DMP file from the location C:\Windows\ on your PC. Please upload it to a file-sharing service, like Dropbox, Google Drive, etc. and share the link with us.
Please check the date and time of the file before sending it, to ensure that it is indeed the latest file created just after the restart of your PC.
Note: File size can be large, hence it cannot be sent as an email attachment.
6. Along with the MEMORY.DMP, send us a detailed Problem Report and mention "BSOD" in the description so that we can help you find a resolution to this issue.
7. If you're unable to launch BlueStacks 4 to send us a problem report, you can use the BlueStacks Log Collector program to send us a problem report by following the steps mentioned in this article.
Thank you for choosing BlueStacks. We hope you enjoy using it. If you have any further questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Happy Gaming!
Last updated on August 20, 2020