Note: If you are using Client version 18.104.22.1684 or above, please refer this article to send us report problem.
This article is based on BlueStacks 3. In case you experience any issue while using BlueStacks, you can report it to us by following the below steps:
- Launch BlueStacks
- Click on "Support" then on "Report Problem" button from top right corner.
- App Player support tool will be launched, Enter your email address, so that we may communicate with you.
- Choose the category and subcategory according to the issue you've been experiencing.
- Provide a brief description of the issue, it will help us to assist you better.
- Submit this information.
The video below illustrates the steps:
What happens when you click Submit?
Upon clicking Submit, you will be sending us log files containing error information recorded by the BlueStacks. Our Technical Support Engineers categorize the problems according to the symptoms described by you and analyze the log files to identify the nature of the problem and diagnose its root cause.
What is actionable information?
Primarily, we need log files generated by the BlueStacks where it records error information. It also include the BlueStacks version, the Windows OS version (10, 8.1, 8, 7, Vista or XP). This information is "actionable" for us, i.e., we can begin acting on it through analyzing the log files to identify the nature of the problem and diagnose its root cause, in order to resolve the problem.
Isn't an email/post on this support forum sufficient?
Unfortunately not. An email/post on the support forum is informative because it describes the symptom you are observing, but it does not provide us with any actionable information. This means it does not provide us with the error information that is necessary for identifying the nature of the problem and diagnose its root cause for resolving the problem.
For example, if an email/post states, "Cannot start BlueStacks", there could be several reasons causing it:
- The latest version of BlueStacks and it is not working specifically on your PC
- You are using an older version of BlueStacks and the issue you are experiencing may be resolved in a later version.
- Windows changed your PC substantially due to Windows Updates
- There is an interaction with a Windows antivirus or security software on the PC
- A new Android app is using some graphics API that is not supported by the version of graphics driver on your PC
It is difficult for us to conjecture why you are experiencing this problem without tangible, actionable information.
Why do we ask for your email address?
Our Technical Support Engineer may send you an email suggesting a workaround or a solution, that will resolve the problem quickly. When a critical problem that affects many users is resolved and its software update is available for download, we may also send you an announcement by email.
How soon should I expect to receive a response?
If we have a quick resolution to offer, you'll receive an email within a couple of days. However, please be patient, we may not be able to respond to you personally. The analysis of logs and especially the diagnosis is a manual process and can take a few days. We rank issues based on their frequency and the severity of their impact on our user community and address them in rank order. So, it is entirely possible that your perception of our responsiveness may be governed by the fact that we either have not responded directly to you or the issue you reported still remains to be addressed.
Thanks to your reporting problems, we have been able to identify and resolve many critical issues. Your involvement and diligence have helped us improve the BlueStacks continuously since the day it was first made available.