You can install the BlueStacks App Player on Windows machine as long as the following requirements are fulfilled:
- You must be an Administrator on your PC.
- Your PC must have 2GB of RAM/main memory. (Note that having 2GB or more disk space is not a substitute for RAM)
- Your PC must have 4GB of disk space available for storing Android apps / games and their data.
- You must have Dirext X 9.0 or higher installed on your system
- The drivers for your PC's graphics drivers should be updated for compatibility with BlueStacks as described in the following post
For Windows Vista:
- Your PC must have Service Pack 2 (SP2), or higher, installed. (You can install it through Windows Update)
For Windows XP:
- Your PC must have Service Pack 3 (SP3), or higher, installed. (You can install it through Windows Update)
- Your PC must have Windows installer 4.5 installed. (You can download it from http://download.microsoft.com/downloa... )
- Your PC must have .NET Framework 2.0 SP2, (You can download it from http://download.microsoft.com/downloa... )
The App Player is nominally installed in the same drive where Windows is installed, usually C:\. However, during installation, you may choose to have all of the apps/data located on another drive.
We do not recommend installing the BlueStacks App Player if you have a virtual machine, e.g., Microsoft Virtual PC, VMWare Workstation, or Oracle Virtualbox, installed on the same PC.