This article lists some intermittent issues with BlueStacks after updating to Windows 10. If you are facing any issue with BlueStacks functionality after a Windows 10 update, please check the article below.
Unable to start BlueStacks after Windows 10 Creators Update / Windows 10 update
1) Issue - Using an older version of BlueStacks
If you are using an older version of BlueStacks* (2.5.83 or below), please update to the latest version by installing it from our website www.bluestacks.com. The latest version includes fixes related to compatibility with Windows 10.
2) Issue - Using the latest version of BlueStacks, still unable to start BlueStacks
Please check and disable the hyper-V setting of your machine by following the steps shown below. (These settings were updated by Microsoft in Windows 10 Anniversary edition)
- Go to Control Panel → Programs → Turn Windows features on or off
- Uncheck Hyper-V settings, and click OK.
- Windows Feature will apply the changes and prompt for the restart. Please restart the system to apply changes.
Launch BlueStacks app player and it should work smoothly now.
We highly recommend you update to BlueStacks 4 as that includes tons of new features and provides higher performance. To update, click here.
Thank you for choosing BlueStacks! We hope you enjoy using it. If you have any further questions, please contact us at email@example.com. Happy Gaming!
Last updated on April 3, 2020.