To help users on how an app can be downloaded and installed on BlueStacks 4
To inform you about different ways to install an application
Users who wish to install an app on BlueStacks 4
BlueStacks versions affected
All versions of BlueStacks 4
There are many ways to install an app on BlueStacks 4
1) Method 1: - Installation through Google Play Store
On the Home screen, click on Play Store (as shown below).
- Play Store will open as shown below.
- Type the app name you want to download in the search bar.
- Click on the "INSTALL" button to install the app.
2) Method 2: - Installation using BlueStacks Search Bar
Locate the Search bar at the top-right corner of the Home screen and type the name of the app you wish to install. Now, click on the search button with the blue magnifying glass icon. It will show you the app icon with the green colored "Install" button. Click on the "Install" button to install the app.
3) Method 3: - Installation through BlueStacks App Center
We have introduced an App Center in the dock of BlueStacks 4. Here you can find the recommended and trending apps. It also includes the apps categorized according to multiple genres. Please refer to the following image.
- Here you may download and install the app by simply clicking on the app icon. Please refer to the following image.
There are a few other apps which are extremely useful and not available in all countries. Usually, these apps are not even listed in the Google play store. These apps can be installed by their respective downloaded .apk files using below-mentioned methods.
4) Method 4: - Installation through Drag and drop
All you need to do is to drag the .apk file (present on your system) and drop it on BlueStacks App Player screen. It should start installing the .apk file
5) Method 5: - Installation through “Install Apk” button
Click on “Install Apk” option on the top left on the “Home” screen denoted by three dots. To browse the .apk file on your PC, select the file and click on open to install it.
Please refer to the below images.
- Below image displays the app being installed on the home app screen.
We genuinely appreciate your choosing BlueStacks. We hope you enjoy using it. If you have any further questions, please contact us at support at bluestacks dot com. Thank you very much.
Last updated on May 1st, 2019