How will this help?
This article will help you with downloading and installing new apps on BlueStacks 4.130 and above.
How to install an app on BlueStacks?
You may install an app on BlueStacks 4 using any of the following ways:
- Installation through Google Play Store
- Installation using BlueStacks Search Bar
- Installation through BlueStacks App Center
- Installation through Drag and drop
- Installation through “Install Apk” button
1) Method 1: Installation through Google Play Store
On the Home screen, click on Play Store (as shown below).
- Play Store will open, as shown below.
- Type the name of the app that you want to download in the Search Bar.
- Click on the "INSTALL" button to install the app.
2) Method 2: Installation using BlueStacks Search Bar
Locate the Search bar at the top-right corner of the Home screen and type the name of the app you wish to install. Now, click on the blue magnifying glass icon to search for your app.
It will show you the app icon with the blue-colored "Install" button. Click on the "Install" button to install the app.
3) Method 3: Installation through BlueStacks App Center
We have introduced an App Center in the dock of BlueStacks 4. Here you can find the recommended and trending apps, categorized according to multiple genres. Click on App Center, as shown in the image.
- The App Center will open, as shown below. Here, you may download and install an app by simply clicking on the app icon.
There are a few other apps which are extremely useful and not available in all countries. Usually, these apps are not even listed in the Google play store. These apps can be installed by their respective downloaded .apk files using below-mentioned methods.
4) Method 4: Installation through Drag and drop
5) Method 5: Installation through “Install Apk” button
Click on the three dots next to Installed apps on the top left on the “Home” screen. From the drop down menu, select “Install Apk”.
BlueStacks will ask you to browse the .apk file on your PC. Select the file and click on Open to install it.
- Once the installation is complete, the app is displayed on the BlueStacks home screen, as shown below.
Thank you for choosing BlueStacks! We hope you enjoy using it. If you have any further questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Happy Gaming!
Last updated on June 24, 2020.