This article will provide you with the steps to configure the GPU settings for BlueStacks.
You will be able to use BlueStacks more efficiently.
Users who are experiencing issue while playing trending app on BlueStacks.
BlueStacks versions affected
All versions of BlueStacks
Configure your computer to use the NVidia GPU as the primary graphics card for your system:
1. Right Click on your desktop, and choose NVidia Control Panel, or launch the NVIDIA control panel via the Start menu.
2. Click Manage 3D Settings > Global Settings tab as shown below
3. Select High-performance NVidia processor from the dropdown list.
4. Click Apply.
Configure a specific application to use the NVidia GPU:
1. Right Click on your desktop, and choose NVidia Control Panel.
2. Click Manage 3D Settings > Click the Program Settings tab.
3. Choose your desired program from the list. If your program is not in the list, uncheck the box.
Show only programs found on this computer.
4. Choose the processor you want to use from the dropdown menu in step number 2.
5. Select High-performance NVidia processor from the list.
6. Click Apply.
ATI/AMD Radeon Cards
NOTE: There is a huge variation in versions of the ATI/AMD Radeon Catalyst Control Center for adjusting the settings for these cards so the following should be seen more as indicative than actual.
Even if your Control Center looks different to these images, the principles are the same and you should be able to find similar options to those described here.
1. For ATI/AMD Radeon cards, go to Graphics > PowerPlay - Set Plugged In and Battery to Maximum Performance. Click Apply.
2. If applicable to your graphics card, go to Graphics > 3D and move the slider across to Performance so it is set for Optimal Performance. Click Apply. NOTE: This function might not be available on all ATI models.
3. If your Catalyst Control Center has the Switchable Graphics tab go there and browse to locate seratovideo.exe and set it for High Performance. Click Apply
We genuinely appreciate your choosing BlueStacks. We hope you enjoy using it. If you have any further questions, please contact us at support dot bluestacks dot com. Thank you very much.
Last updated on August 23rd, 2018