If you're using BlueStacks 5, this article might not be relevant. You can view the BlueStacks 5 article for this by clicking here.
How will this help?
This article will teach you how to switch your computer's power plan to High Performace, which in turn will boost the performance of BlueStacks.
How to switch to High Performance power plan?
There are 2 different methods to switch your PC's power plan to High Performace:
Though these are different methods, all of them lead to the same result.
Switching power plan to High Performance from System Tray
Note: The steps may vary in OS versions different from Windows 10.
1. Turn on your computer and right-click the arrow on the taskbar to open the System Tray, as shown below.
2. Now, right-click on the battery icon.
3. Once the drop-down menu appears, click on Power Options.
4. The Power Options settings will open up. Here, click on the drop-down icon next to Show additional plans.
5. You can now choose and select the High performance power plan!
Switching power plan to High Performance from Control Panel
1. Boot up your computer and click on the Search box given in the Taskbar.
2. Now, search for 'Control Panel' and open it from the results, as done below.
3. Within the Control Panel, double click on the Hardware and Sound Settings.
4. Next, click on Power Options.
5. The Power Options settings will open up. Here, click on the drop-down icon next to Show additional plans.
6. You can now choose and select the High performance power plan!
What to do if High Performance plan isn't available?
For some PCs the High Performance plan may not be readily available in the Power Options. In such cases you can follow the steps given below to use it.
1. Within the Power Options, click on Create a power plan, as shown below.
2. Now, select the option for High Performance and click on Next.
3. Next, choose the sleep and display settings you want for the High Performance plan and click on create.
4. You can now choose and select the High performance power plan.
Note: We recommend you should keep your Windows PC plugged in to a live power source while using the High Performance plan for optimum performance of BlueStacks.
Thank you for choosing BlueStacks. We hope you enjoy using it. If you have any further questions, please contact us at email@example.com. Happy Gaming!
Last updated on July 21, 2020.