This article will guide you about how to enhance the security of BlueStacks on Windows.
This will help all the Windows OS users secure their PC's while using BlueStacks.
BlueStacks Versions affected
All versions of BlueStacks except BlueStacks 4 and above.
- Open Windows Defender Firewall by using the below steps:
- Press Window + R key, to open Run.
- Type wf.msc. It will open Windows Defenders Firewall.
- Click on Inbound Rules.
- On this page, you may see a few of the BlueStacks Android Host and BlueStacks Service.
Please follow the steps mentioned below to enhance security for all the BlueStacks Android Host and BlueStacks Services.
- Right click on the BlueStacks Android Service. Click on Properties.
2. Open General tab, click on "Allow the connection if it is secure". Click on apply.
3. Click on Advanced Tab, under Profiles, select all three profiles, Domain, Private and Public. Under Traversal please change it to Allow Edge Traversal from the drop-down menu and click on apply.
4. Click on Scope. Under Remote Ip address, click on "These Ip Address" click on ADD and enter the address 127.0.0.1 and click on apply.
5. Click on OK and now it should show a lock icon along BlueStacks Android Host.
- Please perform steps 1 to 5 for all the BlueStacks Android Host and BlueStacks Service.
Please perform all these steps to enhance the security on the Windows OS machines.
We genuinely appreciate your choosing BlueStacks. We hope you enjoy using it. If you have any further questions, please contact us at support at bluestacks dot com. Thank you very much.