This article will acquaint you with all the keyboard controls for playing Minecraft.
You can improve accuracy and response time while playing this game on BlueStacks.
Gamers who enjoy playing Minecraft on BlueStacks.
BlueStacks Versions affected
Client version: 188.8.131.524 and above
Engine version: 184.108.40.2064 and above
All geo's where the game is available.
Double-tap the “Forward” key to sprint.
In "Creative Mode", double-tap the “Jump” key to fly. When flying, press “Jump” to move upwards and SHIFT to move downwards.
The mouse controls turning and aiming.
Left Mouse Button
The left button is used to hit - i.e. to break blocks or attack an enemy. It will consequently consume the item that you are holding in your primary hand.
Right Mouse Button
The right button could be used for a variety of purposes:
- placing blocks
- using certain tools (hoeing farmland; shearing sheep)
- firing bows (hold to build power, then release)
- throwing missiles (eggs, snowballs, splash potions)
- eating and drinking
- using the item in your secondary hand
- operating buttons and levers
- opening doors
- accessing containers (chests, furnaces, brewing stands, etc)
When you click the right button, it can be a little bit difficult to predict what will happen.
- If your crosshairs are pointing at something that can be used or opened, such as a switch, lever, door or chest, then that action will be performed.
- If you are holding an item in your primary hand that can be used with a right click, that will be performed. Examples:
- firing a bow or throwing a snowball;
- using a hoe to create farmland or a shovel to create a grass path;
- placing a block
- If you are holding an item in your secondary hand that can be used or placed then that action will be performed.
Inventory and Toolbar
|E||Opens the inventory|
|Q||Drops the item in your hand on the floor|
|Ctrl Q||Drops a whole stack of items on the floor|
|1–9||Selects an item from the toolbar|
|F||Swaps the items in your primary and secondary hand|
Primary hand and secondary hand
Your primary hand is the one controlled by the left mouse button - this will usually be your right hand, but if you prefer to be left-handed you can change this in the "option" screen.
You can place an item in your primary hand using keys 1–9 to select it from the toolbar.
Your secondary hand is your other hand. You can put an item in your secondary hand using the shield slot in the inventory. Alternatively, you could also press “F” to swap items between your main hand.
The middle button (if you have one) will pick the target block (the block that your crosshairs are aimed at).
- In survival mode, this will select that block type if you have it in your inventory.
- In creative mode, it will select that block if you have it, and add it to your toolbar if you don’t.
The mouse wheel (if you have one) can be used to select items in your toolbar.
If your inventory window is open, pressing 1–9 will add whatever item your mouse is hovering over to that slot on your toolbar.
We genuinely appreciate your choosing BlueStacks. We hope you enjoy using it. If you have any further questions, please contact us at support at bluestacks dot com. Thank you very much.
Last updated on December 17th, 2018