How will this help?
If you haven't granted BlueStacks permission to run on your Mac, then it can crash or get stuck while it initially loads during launch.
This article will guide you through the process of giving BlueStacks permission to run on your Mac.
NOTE: As always, make sure you're on the latest version of BlueStacks before proceeding with the steps mentioned in this article. You can download the latest version by clicking here.
How can I give BlueStacks permission to run?
The steps for giving BlueStacks permission from the Security & Privacy menu will depend on the macOS version you're using. According to your macOS, click on the links below:
Giving BlueStacks permission on macOS 11 Big Sur.
1. After launching the latest version of BlueStacks, a "System extension blocked" popup will appear. Here, click on the "Open Security & Privacy" button.
2. The Security & Privacy menu will open up on the General tab. Here, click on the lock icon, as shown below.
3. You will now be asked to confirm your username and password. Fill in the relevant information and click on "Unlock".
4. Now, press the "Allow" button, as shown below.
5. You will now be asked to restart your device to begin using BlueStacks on macOS 11 Big Sur. Click on "Restart" to proceed.
NOTE: You will need to restart your Mac only once. Once you do this, you can start using BlueStacks on macOS 11 Big Sur.
6. You may receive the message shown below, which will prevent you from restarting. In such a case, click on "Cancel" and close BlueStacks.
7. Now, go back to the Security & Privacy menu and click on the "Restart" button.
Once your Mac restarts, you can launch BlueStacks without experiencing any issues.
Giving BlueStacks permission on macOS 10.15 Catalina and below.
1. After launching BlueStacks, If you get the "System extension blocked" message as shown below, click on Open Security & Privacy.
2. Within the General tab, click on the Allow button as shown below, to grant BlueStacks permission to run.
3. If you're unable to click the Allow button, click on the lock icon at the bottom-left of Security & Privacy.
4. You will now be asked to give your username and password.
5. Once you've entered the relevant information, click on Unlock.
6. You can now click on the Allow button, if you weren't able to before.
BlueStacks will now be able to launch without any issues.
Thank you for choosing BlueStacks, we hope you enjoy using it. If you have any further questions, please contact us at email@example.com. Happy Gaming!
Last updated on Dec 11, 2020.