This article will guide you on how to free up disk space consumed by Android apps that have been uninstalled, but that space has not been returned to be reused by Windows. Please run this tool to free up your disk space.
Free up unused disk space used by BlueStacks, which can increase over time as you keep installing/uninstalling applications.
All users who are unable to install applications due to the high disk space consumption.
BlueStacks Versions affected
188.8.131.521 and above
As you install multiple applications, the disk space consumed by BlueStacks keeps on increasing. BlueStacks does not automatically release this space so that it may be reused when apps are uninstalled.
In order to reduce the used disk space, you may run the Disk cleanup utility.
Method 1: Use disk cleanup utility from BlueStacks settings
1. Click on Gear Icon at the top and choose 'Settings' from the drop-down menu.
2. In the Settings Menu select 'User Data' and click on 'Free Up Space'.
3. Click on Continue in the popup displayed.
4. It will close BlueStacks and start freeing up disk space. It may take a few minutes to complete.
5. BlueStacks will be automatically launched back after the process is complete.
Method 2: Using disk cleanup utility from multi-Instance manager
Note: Disk cleanup utility can be used in each instance of BlueStacks
1. Open Multi-Instance Manager, and click on the disk cleanup icon (rightmost) which is present in for each stopped instance of BlueStacks.
2. Click on Continue in the popup displayed.
3. It will close BlueStacks and start the cleanup of the disk. It may take a few minutes to complete.
4. BlueStacks will be automatically launched after the process is complete.
Method 3: Using Windows Run Prompt
- Press "Windows + R" on your PC.
Type "C:\Program Files\BlueStacks\DiskCompactiontool.exe" in the search box as shown below and press 'OK'
- The Disk Compactor will be launched. Click on Continue.
It will close BlueStacks and start cleanup of disk space. It may take a few minutes to complete.
- Once done you will get a message to Launch BlueStacks. Click 'Launch'.
After performing these steps the disk space will be reduced.
We genuinely appreciate your choosing BlueStacks. We hope you enjoy using it. If you have any further questions, please contact us at support at bluestacks dot com. Thank you very much.
Last Updated July 25, 2019