How will this help?
Some Android apps still consume space on your PC even after they have been uninstalled. This article will guide you on how you can remove those files, thereby freeing up space.
How to free up space from BlueStacks?
You may free up space in the following three ways.
- Use Disk cleanup tool in BlueStacks settings
- Run disk cleanup in Multi-Instance Manager for certain instances.
- Free up disk space using Windows
Use disk cleanup tool from BlueStacks settings
1. Click on the hamburger menu and choose 'Settings'.
2. In the Settings menu, select 'User data'. Then, click on 'Free up space'.
3. Click on Continue in the popup displayed.
4. It will close BlueStacks and start freeing up space. It may take a few minutes to complete.
Using disk cleanup utility from multi-Instance manager
NOTE: Disk cleanup utility can be used in each instance of BlueStacks
1. Open Multi-Instance manager, and click on the Disk cleanup icon, present for each stopped instance of BlueStacks.
2. Click on Continue in the popup displayed.
3. It will close BlueStacks and start the cleanup of the disk. It may take a few minutes to complete.
Using Windows Run Prompt
1. Press the keys "Windows + R" on your PC to open Run command box.
2. Type "C:\Program Files\BlueStacks\DiskCompactiontool.exe" in the search box, as shown below and press 'OK'
2. The Disk Cleanup will be launched. Click on Continue.
It will close BlueStacks and start the cleanup of space. It may take a few minutes to complete.
3. Once done you will get a message to launch BlueStacks. Click 'Launch'.
What if I am using older BlueStacks?
If you are using an older version of BlueStacks, please read this article to know how to free up space.
Thank you for choosing BlueStacks! We hope you enjoy using it. If you have any further questions, please contact us at email@example.com. Happy Gaming!
Last updated on October 05, 2020.