This article will outline the steps you can follow for updating your current version of BlueStacks to the latest BlueStacks 4.
You will now be able to get the latest version of BlueStacks on check for upgrade from the "About" section.
BlueStacks versions affected
126.96.36.1999 and above.
All users of BlueStacks.
1. Click on the Gear icon on the top right corner of the BlueStacks screen and click on Settings as shown below.
2. Here in Settings, go to "About" tab and click on "Check for updates" button.
3. BlueStacks will check for update, click on "Download update" as shown below.
4. Here "BlueStacks updater" will start downloading the latest available version and you may see this downloading progress as shown below.
5. Once the downloading is completed, you will get another window, click on "Install now" button to install the downloaded version of BlueStacks. You may also choose "Install on next boot" if you plan to install it on the next boot.
6. Now the installation progress can be seen as shown in the screenshot below.
7. Click on "Launch" button to begin playing the updated version of BlueStacks.
We genuinely appreciate your choosing BlueStacks. We hope you enjoy using it. If you have any further questions, please contact us at support at bluestacks dot com. Thank you very much.
Last updated on August 21, 2019.