How will this help?
This article will guide you about how to access and customize the settings for BlueStacks 4 .150, according to your preference.
Exploring the Settings menu on BlueStacks
You can access the Settings menu either from the hamburger menu on top or the gear icon on the side toolbar, as shown below.
1. Display: You may change BlueStacks app player orientation, customize the resolution and DPI through the 'Display' settings menu, to enhance your viewing and playing experiencing on BlueStacks. Please close and restart BlueStacks to make your resolution and DPI settings effective.
2. Engine: This will let you change the graphics mode in which BlueStacks runs. Please refer to the article How can I change the graphics mode on BlueStacks?
Here you may also select the graphics texture compression decoding method to achieve high-quality graphics using ASTC. Please refer to the article ASTC control for game graphics in BlueStacks.
Here you may also allocate CPU cores and memory as you desire as shown below. In this, with quick settings, you can use a predefined configuration for your PC's CPU. It's a feature that allows you to get maximum performance from your machine.
To enable the slider for adjusting "Memory" click on the custom option from the drop-down menu.
NOTE: For users who have 8GB RAM or above, to achieve optimum performance in BlueStacks, please select "High performance".
Upon scrolling down, you will see the slider to adjust FPS as shown in the screenshot below. You may refer to the article, Customize FPS (frames per second) on BlueStacks.
With the ability to switch between the ABI, you will be able to play the games which require ARM libraries to run. You may know more about ABI settings in the article: Ability to switch ABI from BlueStacks settings
NOTE: Changes in Engine settings will be effective when BlueStacks is restarted.
3. Notifications: This will let you manage notifications on BlueStacks 4. You can also refer to the article How to manage notifications on BlueStacks?
4. Preferences: This option helps you to customize your performance and platform related settings for BlueStacks such as switching between apps, creating desktop icons, changing the cursor during gameplay and game-pad detection.
5. User data: This option will let you free up the un-utilized disc space of BlueStacks. With the Backup and restore option you can backup the application data on BlueStacks and restore it later. For more information, please refer to this article How to use Backup and Restore on BlueStacks.
6. Advanced: This option will enhance the app compatibility on BlueStacks, you may switch to different device profile when the app of your choice is not compatible with the current device profile. For more information, please refer to the article How can I switch the device profile on BlueStacks 4?
7. Shortcut Keys: Using the option of shortcut keys you can various functions on BlueStacks. You may refer to the article How can I assign keyboard shortcuts for various actions on BlueStacks 4? for more details.
8. About: It provides information about the BlueStacks version installed on your PC. Also, you can check whether the latest BlueStacks version is available. This will keep you up to date with the latest releases. Click "Check for updates" to see if any update is available. For more info refer to the article How can I check for BlueStacks update and Install it?
Thank you for choosing BlueStacks! We hope you enjoy using it. If you have any further questions, please contact us at email@example.com. Happy Gaming!
Last updated on Sept 8, 2020