If you're using BlueStacks 5, this article might not be relevant. You can view the BlueStacks 5 article for this by clicking here.
How will this help?
Changing the RAM and CPU core settings in BlueStacks can significantly increase the performance of BlueStacks on your PC/Laptop. It should solve any issues you might be facing with respect to lag and/or slow performance in various applications, games included.
How to improve performance in BlueStacks
This article will guide you on how to improve performance in BlueStacks by allocating more RAM and/or by assigning more CPU cores.
How to increase performance in the latest version of BlueStacks
1. Open the "Settings" menu. It can be accessed using:
(a) Hamburger menu
(b) Gear Icon on the side toolbar
2. The Settings page will appear with the Engine tab highlighted, as shown below. Here, you will see the option to allocate CPU cores and RAM at the top of the page.
3. To enhance the performance of BlueStacks on your computer, allocate more CPU cores and RAM than already assigned. To do so, click on the arrows next to CPU and RAM respectively and select the desired values.
4. If you select Custom in either option, you can specify the number of CPU cores and RAM to be allocated using the drop-down box or slider respectively.
5. Remember to click the Save button to preserve all changes made.
What if I am using an older version of BlueStacks?
If you are using an older version of BlueStacks, please read this article to know how to switch the device profile.
Thank you for choosing BlueStacks. We hope you enjoy using it. If you have any further questions, please contact us at email@example.com. Happy Gaming!
Last updated on December 08, 2020.