Purpose and benefits
This article will guide you on how to allocate more RAM hence improving performance in BlueStacks
Users of BlueStacks 4.
Why should I allocate more memory/RAM?
Allocating more memory/RAM will greatly increase the performance of all applications, games included, in BlueStacks.
1) Open settings in BlueStacks by either clicking on the hamburger menu and navigating to settings or by clicking on the gear icon on the bottom right of the sidebar as shown below.
2) In the settings tab, click on "Engine".
3) The steps below will vary based on your BlueStacks version. Users of BlueStacks 4.140 and above can simply follow the steps below while users on versions below 4.140 can click here.
In the "Engine" tab, scroll down to the "Performance" section as illustrated below.
4) Under "Performance" click on the drop-down menu and select "Custom".
5) With this profile enabled, you will now be able to completely customize how much RAM should be allocated. To change, simply adjust the slider as shown below to your preference.
To apply the changes, click on "Restart now".
6) For users on BlueStacks version below 4.140, after clicking on the "Engine" tab you will be shown a slider by which you can adjust the memory you would like to allocate, as illustrated in the image below.
To apply these changes, simply restart BlueStacks.
We genuinely appreciate your choosing BlueStacks. We hope you enjoy using it. If you have any further questions, please contact us at support at bluestacks dot com. Thank you very much.
Last updated on January 7, 2020.