Purpose and benefits
This article will guide you on how to increase performance in BlueStacks by allocating more RAM and/or by assigning more CPU cores.
Users of BlueStacks 4.
Why should I change these settings?
While these settings are not mandatory, changing these settings will significantly increase the performance of BlueStacks on your PC/Laptop and should solve any issues you might be facing with respect to lag and/or slow performance in various applications, games included.
Navigate through the article by clicking on your BlueStacks version. We highly recommend you to update to the latest version.
If you would like to only assign more CPU cores (for users with limited RAM) click here.
1) Open settings in BlueStacks by either clicking on the hamburger menu and navigating to settings or by clicking on the gear icon on the bottom right of the sidebar as shown below.
2) In the settings tab, click on "Engine".
3) In the "Engine" tab, scroll down to the "Performance" section as illustrated below.
4) Under "Performance" click on the drop-down menu and select "Custom".
5) With this profile enabled, you will now be able to completely customize how much RAM should be allocated. To change, simply adjust the slider as shown below to your preference.
6) After setting the performance on "Custom" click on the drop-down menu beside "CPU cores" as shown below. You can then assign the number of CPU cores as per your requirement.
To apply the changes, click on "Restart now".
1) For users on BlueStacks version below 4.140, after clicking on the "Engine" tab you will be shown a slider by which you can adjust the memory you would like to allocate, as illustrated in the image below.
To change the number of CPU cores assigned, click on the number beside "CPU cores", in this case, it is 3. You can then assign the number of cores as per your requirement.
To apply these changes, simply restart BlueStacks.
We genuinely appreciate your choosing BlueStacks. We hope you enjoy using it. If you have any further questions, please contact us at support at bluestacks dot com. Thank you very much.
Last updated on January 23, 2020.