To enhance the overall gaming experience with precise and smooth controls.
Users of BlueStacks on 4.140 and above
BlueStacks versions affected
BlueStacks version 4.140 and above
- New keyboard control UI.
- Keyboard controls are more fluid, fast and effective. DPAD, Shooting mode, MOBA, zoom, etc. have all been revamped and more fluid and accurate. Play your favorite game and check it out.
- Keyboard controls editor launcher
- The keyboard controls editor can be launched by clicking on the icon on the right side of BlueStacks, as shown in the image below.
- If a mapping already exists for the game, Game controls window (guidance) will show. Otherwise, you can use it to create new key mappings for the game.
Steps to create keyboard controls
You can create new keyboard controls for a game via the Advanced game controls UI by following the steps below:
1) Launch the Advanced game controls UI
To create the key mapping for an app, launch the Advanced game controls app by clicking on the icon on the side panel of the App Player.
2) Create the key mappings
Use the Game controls window that appears on the right to add the controls you want.
3) Save the new game controls
Click on the Save changes button in the "Game controls" window to save and apply your new keyboard control.
Click Undo changes to remove all your current keyboard controls.
Reference for various key-mapping controls
You can map a tap point either by simply left-clicking on the desired game-play area, or you can drag Tap control on the desired area.
On placing Tap control you can see the Tap icon , where you can press your favorite key of the keyboard. Right-click on the tap icon and Tap settings window will show, where you can assign a string on the tap point, to tell what it does.
In the below example, we have mapped a tap point in the app PubG Mobile.
In case you wish to add guidance text to the Tap control, right-click on the Tap control (Tap settings window can be opened by right-clicking on the tap icon). This will open a detailed settings window, where you can edit all the properties of the Tap control.
In the given example this action falls under the category “Misc”, mapped by "SHIFT" key.
Press and hold for repeated tap press within a game. You may either press and hold to tap continuously or just tap once to execute the tap the specified number of times.
You can assign the number of times key press would be repeated and with the delay between each key press.
You can map a D-pad by dragging the D-Pad panel from the right panel over to the gameplay area.
Default keys for d-pad controls are W, S, A, D. You can assign keys for up, down, left and right movement. You can also resize the d-pad control to match the game's d-pap.
On right-clicking on d-pad control window will open. Here the user can assign d-pad Action Strings. In the below example, we have used WASD keys for Move Up, Down, Left, and Right respectively.
You can map a zoom action by dragging the Zoom panel on the game-play area.
On placing zoom panel, the zoom settings window will open where you can assign your desired keys for “zoom in” and “zoom out” actions.
Note: Default keys for zoom in and zoom out function are ‘Ctrl’ + ‘-’ for zoom out and ‘Ctrl’ + ‘=’ for zoom in. If you need to change and assign keys different than these eg: Up key and Down key, you shall keep override value to False.
You can map a swipe action by dragging the Swipe panel on the game-play area. You can assign favorite keys for up, down, left and right swipe movement.
You can map a tilt action by dragging the Tilt panel on the gameplay area.
You can assign favorite keys for up, down, left and right tilt movement. Default keys for tilt controls are up, down, left and right arrow key respectively.
You may refer the links below for the details for various features available in this version
- Introducing combination key mapping on BlueStacks
- How to use scripts on BlueStacks?
- How can use shooting mode on BlueStacks?
- How to make new control schemes in Bluestacks 4?
- Game control guidance on BlueStacks 4
- How to view or edit existing keyboard controls in BlueStacks 4
- MOBA mode on BlueStacks 4
We genuinely appreciate your choosing BlueStacks. We hope you enjoy using it. If you have any further questions, please contact us at support at bluestacks dot com. Thank you very much.
Last updated on October 3rd, 2019.