How will this help?
This article will acquaint you with the process of using and creating multiple instances on BlueStacks 4.150.
How can I use it?
On the successful installation of BlueStacks, the instance manager shortcut gets created automatically on your desktop. You can create and manage instance directly from here, without even launching BlueStacks.
Let us go through everything you need to know for fully using the instance manager on BlueStacks.
a) What are the options and settings available?
The all-new multi-instance manager UI provides you with the means to create, arrange and manage multiple instances with ease. All available buttons given within it are explained below in detail.
1) The New Instance button lets you create Fresh instances and Clone instances. They are discussed in detail below in section b).
2) The Arrange button lets you arrange the instances in Grid or Diagonal layout depending upon your preferred setting for instance manager.
3) With Farm mode, you can run games on many instances of BlueStacks without slowing down the computer. To know more please refer to this article.
4) The Stop all button stops all the running instances at once.
5) If you wish to start, stop or delete selected instances from the list, you can select them and use the Start, Stop or Delete buttons at the top of the instance manager.
6) The Settings button lets you adjust FPS and audio settings. It also provides you with an option to arrange the instances in Grid and Diagonal layout. You can also edit the number of Instances to be shown per row.
The Batch operations default settings for Start interval are 2 however you may edit them.
- Start interval seconds refers to the gap of seconds in which instances will be launched.
When an instance is created successfully you may see four more buttons for settings, delete, create a shortcut on the desktop and disk cleanup as shown in the image below.
The multi-instance manager also lets you search for a specific instance by using the search bar.
- Settings for individual instances can also be managed.
- The Delete button lets you delete that particular Instance. Refer to the image below.
- You may use the create shortcut button to create a desktop shortcut for that particular instance so that you may launch it directly. Refer to the image below.
- A disk cleanup button is also available on the same UI, refer to our article How to free up disk space from BlueStacks?
The instances running in the grid and diagonal layout is shown below.
- Instances running in diagonal layout.
- Instances running in the grid layout.
b) How to create instances on BlueStacks?
You may create instances by launching the multi-instance manager created on the desktop or by launching the multi-instance manager from the BlueStacks side toolbar . Click on the new instance.
c) Types of Instances and how can you create them?
You may either create a fresh or a clone instance on BlueStacks, please read below to find more details.
You get the option of creating a Fresh or Clone Instance as shown below.
You can change certain settings including ABI settings in "Advanced settings" options while creating a new instance. Advanced settings will enable you to allocate the desired amount of RAM and cores to the instance being created. It also lets you choose the ABI for the instance you are creating.
For more details refer to the article: Ability to switch ABI from BlueStacks settings
- Creating a fresh instance.
On clicking the Fresh Instance button a new instance will be created that starts with a clean slate and lets you log in with a new account. Refer to the images below.
You may edit the instance name, however, the new instances are named BlueStacks 1, BlueStacks 2... by default. BlueStacks 1 starting up as shown in the image below.
- Creating a clone instance.
A clone instance is a clone of the default BlueStacks instance. It is a replica of the default instance and will contain all the apps we had installed, including the google login information. A clone Instance can only be created when the default BlueStacks Instance is not running in the background. Check images below for the default BlueStacks and its clone.
- Edit Instance Name:
You can rename an Instance by clicking on the edit icon as shown in the image below.
Thank you for choosing BlueStacks. We hope you enjoy using it. If you have any further questions, please contact us at email@example.com. Happy Gaming!
Last updated on Sept 3, 2020.