This article will show you how to switch the screen orientation of BlueStacks between landscape (Tablet Mode), portrait (Phone mode) and custom mode.
You will be able to play various games in a screen orientation mode of your choice without affecting the game resolution.
All user of BlueStacks
BlueStacks Versions supported
BlueStacks versions 220.127.116.118 and above.
- Launch BlueStacks and click on the hamburger menu or the gear icon as shown in the screenshot below in order to access BlueStacks Settings.
- Upon opening the settings, you will see various settings in the "Display" section as shown below. Here under the "Resolution", you can select between Landscape (Tablet Mode), Portrait (Phone mode) and Custom mode.
- With each mode, you will get a different resolution to select from.
- With Portrait, BlueStacks always opens in Phone mode as shown below.
- With Custom mode, you can define your own height and width as per your screen/display preference. Below is an example of 500 X 100 custom resolution.
NOTE: A page or image displayed in portrait mode is taller than it is wide. Conversely, a page or image displayed in landscape mode is wider than it is tall.
We genuinely appreciate your choosing BlueStacks. We hope you enjoy using it. If you have any further questions, please contact us at support at bluestacks dot com. Thank you very much.
Last updated on October 14th, 2019.