This article will acquaint you with the new guidance window.
You will be able to view and modify the mapped keys for your game, toggle between the keyboard control schemes, and change the gameplay settings for higher quality graphics.
BlueStacks versions affected
All versions of BlueStacks 4.150 and above.
All users of BlueStacks.
The game guidance window will be loaded automatically on the right side of the BlueStacks App Player, the first time you launch a game.
Alternatively, you can access it again by clicking on the 'Game controls' icon at the bottom of the side-panel. You can also press "Ctrl+Shift+H" to see the game control guidance screen anytime.
Let's look at the options on the game guidance window.
By default, the 'Control' tab will open which gives you the options to view and modify the default key mappings for that game. You can scroll down to see all the available options.
Let's get acquainted with the options available in the Control Section of the guidance window.
1) Change the keyboard control scheme: You can choose between different keyboard control schemes available. Any customized scheme will also be available in the drop-down list.
2) Watch a game-related video: 'How to play' video will be available for the game you have launched on BlueStacks. The video will show detailed instructions with tips and tricks to make it easier and provide a smoother gameplay experience.
3) Read article: Click on this option to get redirected to the FAQ for the game's key mapping.
4) Click on Edit to Open advanced controls: This will take you to the game's advanced controls window where you can add, remove and create your own keyboard controls for the game. To read more please refer to this article.
5) Do not show on launch: By checking this option you can disable the auto-launch of the game guidance window from the next time whenever you launch the game.
Now, Click on the 'Settings' tab to access the game settings for options related to the improvement of the graphics quality and enjoy a more immersive gaming experience.
Now, let's get acquainted with the options available in the Settings section of the guidance window.
1) Gameplay settings: Enable dedicated game enhancements for better control of your gameplay and optimized in-game settings; options available here are enabled by default.
2) In-game resolution: Here you can change the in-game resolution. Setting up higher resolution will utilize more system resources, but will also deliver high-end graphics.
3) Graphics quality: It defines how good the elements of the in-game environment look. Selecting HD graphics results in sharper and less blurry textures but at the cost of a heavier load on your Video Graphics card.
4) With the Learn more option, you can read about the dedicated game settings. It will redirect you to this article.
Click on Save Changes, and restart the game for the changes to take effect.
We genuinely appreciate your choosing BlueStacks. We hope you enjoy using it. If you have any further questions, please contact us at support at bluestacks dot com. Thank you very much.
Last Updated 21 Nov 2019