Purpose and Benefits
AMD GPU users facing BlueStacks freezing issue while playing Marvel Super war will be able to solve the issue.
All users having AMD GPU.
BlueStacks versions affected
All BlueStacks versions
The issue when BlueStacks freezes on PC's with AMD GPU's while playing Marvel Super War can be solved by either running the application on DirectX graphics mode or by forcing the app to run on the integrated graphics.
Steps for running the application on DirectX graphics mode:
1. Go to the BlueStacks settings using the gear icon on the BlueStacks sidebar or with settings button in the hamburger menu.
2. In the settings menu, go to the engine tab. To run Marvel Super war smoothly, you have to change the graphics mode to DirectX.
3. The changes you made will be in effect after you restart BlueStacks. To restart BlueStacks, click on the "Restart now" button.
Steps for users having Intel as integrated GPU and AMD as dedicated GPU:
Users having AMD as a dedicated GPU may still encounter the same problem on BlueStacks, the other alternative is to run BlueStacks on the integrated GPU which can be done using the AMD Radeon settings. Follow the steps below to force run BlueStacks on integrated graphics.
1. Open AMD Radeon settings by right-clicking on your desktop and then selecting AMD Radeon settings.
2. You will be directed to the AMD Radeon settings, where you have to click on the System tab.
3. In the system tab, you will see a "Switchable graphics option" where you can choose the power mode for your application. The available mode automatically selects between the GPU.
Please follow the list below for a detailed description:
High performance: This setting will set the application to always use the discrete graphics adapter for the best performance.
Power saving: This setting will always use the integrated graphics adapter to maximize battery life.
Based on power source: This setting will automatically switch between discrete and integrated adapters as needed.
4. To run BlueStacks on integrated graphics you have to change the power mode to "Power Saving" for both HD-Player.exe and Bluestack.exe. You can access the various modes by clicking on the drop-down menu as shown below.
5. Change the power mode for BlueStacks by clicking on Bluestacks.exe and selecting Power saving from the drop-down menu.
We genuinely appreciate your choosing BlueStacks. We hope you enjoy using it. If you have any further questions, please contact us at support at bluestacks dot com. Thank you very much.
Last updated on December 24th, 2019.