Why do I need to change key controls?
Games such as Free Fire, C O D: Mobile, PUBG: Mobile and many others are updated frequently. These updates can sometimes cause smart controls provided with BlueStacks to stop working.
In the event that an update is rolled out and smart controls are not working as expected, you can switch to default controls using the steps below.
How can I change the controls to default?
Switching key controls to default will resolve this issue and it barely takes a minute. Please follow the steps given in this article on how you can do that.
We have taken COD: Mobile as the primary example here, but the steps for switching to default controls are the same across all games.
Navigate through the article by clicking on your BlueStacks version below.
Using default key controls on BlueStacks 4.205 and above
1. Launch BlueStacks and go to the My games tab.
2. Now, find the icon for COD: Mobile and click on it to open the game.
3. Once it launches, click on the game guide icon on the side-toolbar, as shown below.
4. A new window will appear. Here, click on the control scheme you're currently using, which will be mentioned right under "Scheme".
5. You will now be presented with 3 different control schemes to choose from.
6. Select the Smart scheme to restore all of your key controls back to default.
Using default key controls on BlueStacks 4.200 and below
1. Launch BlueStacks and double-click the icon for COD: Mobile.
2. Once it opens, click on the Game guide icon on the Side-toolbar, as shown below.
3. The game guide window will open up alongside BlueStacks' screen. Here, click on the control scheme you're currently using, which will be mentioned right under "Scheme".
4. You will now be presented with 3 different control schemes to choose from.
5. Select the Smart scheme to restore all of your key controls back to default.
Thank you for choosing BlueStacks. We hope you enjoy using it. If you have any further questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Happy Gaming!
Last updated on August 4, 2020.