Purpose and benefits
This article will guide you on all the changes that have been made to the game guide and how you can use these new features to your advantage.
Users on BlueStacks version 4.170 and above.
What has changed?
While we have prepared key controls for almost every major game, and more are on the way so stay tuned, you may sometimes feel that certain key controls do not gel with your playstyle. Maybe you crouch with "X" instead of "C". No worries, we have your back.
Previously, to change key controls you had to click on the bulb icon or the keyboard icon after which you could customize the key controls. This can now be done in 2 simple clicks.
Besides this, there are a few more upgrades which are explained in detail below.
- How to edit key controls.
- How to reset key controls to default.
- Set controls are now easier to see.
- Game guidance window's freedom has been reined in.
How to configure key controls.
1) Launch any game of your choice. For representative purposes, we're using Free Fire.
2) If this is your first time opening Free Fire, and this applies to all other games also, you will see the game guidance window open up alongside as shown below. To change the controls according to your preference, click on "Edit" on the bottom right.
If this is not your first time opening a game, to see this window simply click on the bulb icon on the bottom right of the sidebar.
3) After clicking on edit, you will be able to change the controls as per your preference. For example, if you would like to change the key for "Crouch" click on the key assigned to it, in this case "C" and change it according to your wish.
To save the controls, simply click on "Save" on the bottom right.
In the instance where you would like to reset the key controls, after making some changes, please follow the steps below.
1) After saving previously made changes to the key controls, you will notice a "Reset" button on the bottom right of the guidance window. You can refer to the image below for this.
2) After clicking on the "Reset" button, you will then see a pop-up asking you to confirm whether you would like to revert to default key controls. Click on "Reset".
Previously, controls were seen altogether without any distinction as to what type of controls they are.
Are they for shooting? Are they for movement? This has all been sorted now, so for those of you with OCD, like me, this should definitely put a smile on your face. Take a look at the example below.
Word of advice, since a few people might run into this issue.
If you close the game guide window by clicking on the "X" at the top right, upon your next launch of the game the game guide will not appear automatically. To open the game guide, simply click on the bulb icon on the bottom right of the sidebar.
Thank you for choosing BlueStacks! We hope you enjoy using it. If you have any further questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Happy Gaming!
Last updated on January 28, 2020.