What has changed?
With the release of BlueStacks version 4.180, more power is provided to you, the users, on every instance you would like to create. Customizing each instance is now easier than ever.
If this is the first time you are using BlueStacks, never fear. In addition to these changes, the basics of how and where to use the Multi-instance manager are also explained below.
What is the Multi-instance manager?
The multi-instance manager lets you create, arrange and manage instances with ease. On the successful installation of BlueStacks, the instance manager desktop shortcut is created automatically.
You may use the multi-instance manager by launching it from the shortcut to create and manage instances without even launching BlueStacks.
1) You can also launch the multi-instance manager in BlueStacks itself. On opening BlueStacks, click on the three dots, which you will see on the side toolbar as shown below.
2) Select the multi-instance manager as shown below.
3) On clicking that, a new window will be shown where you can manage your instances. This includes creating, arranging, stopping various instances and many more features.
New instance - Clicking on this will create a new instance.
Arrange - In the case when you have multiple instances of BlueStacks running, this will neatly arrange them on your screen.
Search - Here you can search for the instances you have created by name.
Stop - This will stop the specific instance of BlueStacks.
Stop all - This will stop all instances of BlueStacks.
4) After clicking on "New instance" a new window will be shown wherein you can customize the instance in a variety of ways as shown below.
- Fresh instance - This will create a fresh instance of BlueStacks. You will be able to customize the settings of the new instance in numerous ways as explained below.
- Performance - You can specify which performance mode you would like to run this instance in. There are 4 modes available, namely "High", "Medium", "Low" and "Custom". Select the mode according to your preference/needs.
- Resolution - Here you can choose various resolutions and choose between "Landscape", "Portrait" and also "Custom" wherein you can customize the resolution to your heart's desire by typing in a specific resolution, as shown below.
- ABI Settings and DPI - You can customize the ABI mode from "Auto" to "ARM" for any specific instance. The DPI can also be customized according to your preference.
- Instance count - You can also customize the number of instances you would like to create. Simply select the number and click on "Create".
Cloning an instance
Cloning an instance simply means that a new instance will be created which will be identical to the instance you chose to be cloned.
To clone an instance, simply open the multi-instance manager window and click on "Clone instance" as shown below.
You will then be able to choose which instance of BlueStacks to clone from in addition to various other options which are shown below.
Thank you for choosing BlueStacks! We hope you enjoy using it. If you have any further questions, please contact us at email@example.com. Happy Gaming!
Last updated on February 21, 2020.