How will this help?
This article will show you how to access and use the settings on BlueStacks 4.200 and above.
What's new on BlueStacks 4.200?
- Engine settings now let you choose between Compatibility and Performance modes.
- An all-new Game settings section has been added.
Exploring the settings on BlueStacks
You can access the settings either from the hamburger menu on top or the gear icon on the side toolbar, as shown below.
1. Display: You may change BlueStacks app player orientation, customize the resolution and DPI through the Display settings menu, to enhance your viewing and playing experiencing on BlueStacks.
Please close and restart BlueStacks to make your resolution and DPI changes effective.
2. Engine: This section lets you choose from various components that can vastly affect the performance of BlueStacks, depending on your PC configuration.
The new Graphics engine mode option lets you choose between Compatible and Performance modes. Most games run smoothly on the Performance mode. Yet some games that require advanced graphic architecture will ask you to switch to Compatible mode before launching.
The Graphics renderer option lets you select between DirectX and OpenGL. If you switch between any of these options, you will need to restart BlueStacks for changes to take place.
Here you may also select the graphics texture compression decoding method to achieve high-quality graphics using ASTC texture. Click here to know how ASTC can affect game graphics in BlueStacks.
Below it is the Performance section. Here, you may also allocate CPU cores and memory as you desire as shown below.
In this, with quick settings, you can use a predefined configuration for your PC's CPU. It's a feature that allows you to get maximum performance from your machine.
To enable the slider for adjusting "Memory", click on the custom option from the drop-down menu.
NOTE: For users who have 8GB RAM or above, to achieve optimum performance in BlueStacks, please select "High" performance.
Upon scrolling down, you will see the slider to adjust FPS as shown in the screenshot below. To know more about customizing FPS (frames per second) on BlueStacks, click here.
With the ability to switch between the ABI, you will be able to play the games which require ARM libraries to run. Click here to know more about selecting the right ABI setting for BlueStacks.
NOTE: Changes in Engine settings will take place after saving them and restarting BlueStacks.
3. Notifications: This will let you manage notifications on BlueStacks 4. To know more about how to manage notifications on BlueStacks, click here.
4. Preferences: This option helps you to customize your performance and platform-related settings for BlueStacks such as switching between apps, creating desktop icons, changing the cursor during gameplay and game-pad detection.
5. User data: Here, the Disc cleanup option will let you free up the un-utilized disc space of BlueStacks.
With the Backup and restore option, you can backup the application data on BlueStacks and restore it later. For more information on how to use Backup and Restore on BlueStacks, please click here.
6. Advanced: This option will enhance the app compatibility on BlueStacks, as you may switch to a different device profile when the app of your choice is not compatible with the current device profile. For details on how to switch the device profile on BlueStacks 4, click here.
7. Shortcut Keys: BlueStacks lets you assign shortcut keys to perform various functions with just one click. To know in depth about how to assign keyboard shortcuts for various actions on BlueStacks 4, click here.
9. Game Settings: This latest addition to the settings gives you game-specific information and is different for every game. Access them while playing a game to get the insights specific to that game.
10. About: It provides information about the BlueStacks version installed on your PC. You can also check whether the latest BlueStacks version is available for you. This will keep you up to date with the latest releases.
Click Check for updates to see if any update is available. For more help on how to check for BlueStacks updates and installation, click here.
Thank you for choosing BlueStacks! We hope you enjoy using it. If you have any further questions, please contact us at email@example.com. Happy Gaming!
Last updated on May 27, 2020