How will this help?
This article will help you explore the new Notifications menu and understand how to use the new Notification mode on BlueStacks 4.210 and above.
After reading this, you will know:
- What is the Notification mode and what are its features
- How to enable Notification mode and personalize your notifications
- How to enter the Notification mode
What's new in 188.8.131.525?
Notification Mode has been slightly tweaked.
- BlueStacks will only appear on the taskbar when you receive a notification after closing BlueStacks.
Introducing the all-new Notification mode
With BlueStacks 4.210 and above, you can now get all the notifications from your favorite games in one place, without running the BlueStacks app continuously in the foreground.
Keeping track of your progress in games is easier than ever, even when you're not playing!
- In the Notification mode, BlueStacks is minimized to the task bar and system tray. The minimized BlueStacks icon will show the number of unread notifications, as shown below.
- All apps inside BlueStacks remain closed in this mode.
- You can easily choose the games and apps for which you want to see the notifications.
How to enable Notification mode and personalize notifications on BlueStacks
1. Click on the Hamburger menu on the top right side of the BlueStacks screen.
2. From the drop-down menu, select Settings.
3. On the Settings page, select the Notifications tab.
4. Under this tab, the first section lets you toggle between switching the Notification mode on or off. Clicking on the slider next to Enable notification mode toggles its status.
The image below shows the Notification mode in enabled state.
5. Scroll down to reach the Notification Settings section. Here you can set your preferences and choose where and how you would like to receive notifications from BlueStacks.
At the bottom, there is a list of installed apps on your BlueStacks. You may choose to show or hide notifications from any app by checking or unchecking the boxes in front of them.
How to enter the Notification mode?
1. Click on X at the top right corner to close BlueStacks.
2. If you haven't enabled the Notification Mode in BlueStacks settings, a Notifications popup will show up. Click on Yes.
If you have already enabled it in the settings, there will be no popup and you may skip to the next step.
3. BlueStacks will now be minimised and a new popup message will show up in the system tray, as shown in the image. You can close this popup by clicking on the cross on top. Otherwise, it will automatically disappear in a few seconds.
4. You will notice that the minimized BlueStacks icon now shows a number on top. This is the number of unread notifications that are waiting for your attention. Click on the icon.
5. BlueStacks will open with a list of unread notifications, as shown in the image.
If you want to take an action on any of the notifications, simply click on it and the respective game will launch.
Otherwise, click on the Bell icon on top to make the Notifications menu disappear.
Thank you for choosing BlueStacks, we hope you enjoy using it. If you have any further questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Happy Gaming!
Last updated on June 9, 2020.