How will this help?
This article will guide you on the different ways in which you can free up RAM on your PC/Laptop. Freeing up RAM can help you avoid any performance-related issues you may encounter.
To free up RAM, you can:
- Close programs that you don't need.
- Force-stop programs through the Task Manager.
- Disable startup programs. Doing this can also considerably reduce the time it takes for your PC/Laptop to start.
Closing programs that you don't need.
Besides closing unnecessary programs, running multiple programs at once can cause excessive use of the amount of RAM you have on your PC/Laptop. To close a program, simply click on the "X" at the top right corner as shown below. Remember to save any work, before doing so.
Force-stop programs through the Task Manager.
If you face any difficulties in closing a certain program, press CTRL+SHIFT+ESC to open the Task Manager. From there, select the program you wish you close and click on "End Task", as shown below.
Disable startup programs.
Start-up programs are programs that instantly launch when you start your PC/Laptop. The benefits of disabling startup programs are:
- It will result in your PC/Laptop starting up significantly faster.
- it will result in less overcrowding of RAM. This ensures startup programs will not be running in the background consuming up RAM while your PC/Laptop is turned on.
To disable startup programs:
- Start Task Manager by pressing CTRL+SHIFT+ESC.
- Click on the "Startup" tab, as illustrated below.
- Select the program you wish to disable on startup.
- Lastly, click on "Disable", on the bottom-right, as shown below.
Thank you for choosing BlueStacks! We hope you enjoy using it. If you have any further questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Happy Gaming!
Last updated on July 13, 2020.