How will this help?
This detailed guide will help you get acquainted with the all-new Eco mode on BlueStacks 4.230 and above.
NOTE: ECO Mode is available only on BlueStacks 4.230 and above. To download the latest version, please click on the link below.
This article will answer the following questions:
Watch the video below to know more about Eco mode.
What is Eco mode?
Redefine multitasking on your PC with Eco Mode on BlueStacks without worrying about the computer slowing down. Enable it in a single click, play on multiple instances at a frame rate of your choice and make your PC do so much more.
- Eco mode reduces resource consumption for one or more instances. You can enable/disable it on individual instances.
- It gives you the option to enable/disable sound for individual instances.
- It lets you play at a frame rate of your choice on every instance.
Enabling Eco mode
You may enable Eco mode in the following ways:
Enabling Eco Mode on an individual instance
1. While playing your favorite game, click on the three dots on the side toolbar.
2. From the popup menu, select the Eco mode icon.
3. This will show you a sub-menu for Eco mode settings. Click on the slider next to Eco mode to activate Eco mode on the current instance. A blue slider indicates that Eco mode is active.
Enabling Eco mode on all the active instances
1. To enable Eco mode on all instances currently running on BlueStacks, click on the Multi-Instance Manager icon on the side toolbar of any of the active instances, as shown in the image.
2. At the bottom of the MIM window, click on the slider next to Eco mode. When you click on it, the slider will turn blue, indicating that the Eco mode is activated for all the running instances.
Click on X on the top right corner to close the MIM window.
3. This will show you a popup message to manage your Eco mode settings by choosing the Eco mode icon, as shown below.
Changing the settings for Eco mode on an instance
1. To change the Eco mode settings for an instance, click on the 3 dots on the side toolbar of that instance and select the Eco mode icon from the sub-menu.
2. You will now see the Eco mode settings for that instance, as shown in the image.
- The first option lets you toggle the Eco mode ON or OFF. Turn it ON to save power consumption on your PC.
- The second option lets you turn the sound ON or OFF for this instance.
- The third option allows you to change the FPS on this particular instance. You have the option to select any FPS from 1 to 30.
You can change the values by clicking on the Up and Down arrows present next to the FPS box or simply by typing the values in the box.
Have any questions?
Q. Can I enable Eco mode for some instances and keep it OFF for others?
A. Yes. To enable/disable Eco mode on one instance, do so by clicking on its icon on the side toolbar of that particular instance. This way, the changes will be made only to that instance.
Q. If I turn off the sound on my primary instance, will it affect the sound on other instances too?
A. No. The Eco mode settings for one instance will not affect the settings for any other instance.
Q. Is there a time limit for which the Eco Mode can stay activated?
A. No. There is no time limit for this and you may choose to keep it activated for as long as you want to.
Q. How is Eco mode beneficial for me?
A. Eco Mode primarily helps in saving power while playing games that might require you to play using multiple instances at once. Some examples are Rise of Kingdoms, 7DS: GC, Black Desert Mobile and Gatcha Club.
Thank you for choosing BlueStacks. We hope you enjoy using it. If you have any further questions, please contact us at email@example.com. Happy Gaming!
Last updated on August 19, 2020