How will this help?
Previously, to scroll around the map in Rise of Kingdoms, you had to press and hold left mouse button and move the mouse cursor in the the direction you wanted. With BlueStacks 4.230 and above, Smart Edge Scrolling is here to enhance your gameplay experience.
Smart Edge Scrolling allows you to scroll through the map by simply moving the cursor to the edge of the map in the direction you would like to scroll to.
After reading this, you'll have the answers to the following questions:
Watch the video below to know all about Smart Edge Scrolling.
How can I use this?
Smart Edge scrolling will be enabled by default. To use it, please ensure one of the two conditions listed below.
- You're in full-screen mode. Activate it by pressing F11 or by clicking on the button on the side toolbar, as shown below.
- You have locked your mouse cursor. To do this, press Ctrl + Shift +F8 or by clicking the button on the side toolbar, as shown below.
To move the map in any direction, simply move your cursor to the edge in that direction. An example of where to place the mouse cursor that will initiate map scroll is shown below.
Changing settings for Smart Edge Scrolling
1. To change settings. right-click on the Edge Scroll icon present on your game window, as shown below.
2. Edge scroll settings page will open. You will then see the following options.
- X velocity: The values in this field decide the speed of scrolling along the X or horizontal axis.
- Y velocity: The values in this field decide the speed of scrolling along the Y or vertical axis.
- X active margin: This describes the percentage of the screen from the edge of the X-axis where mouse cursor will start Smart Edge Scrolling.
- Y active margin: This describes the percentage of the screen from the edge of the Y-axis where mouse cursor will start Smart Edge Scrolling.
- Reset delay: Amount of time in seconds for how long it takes for the swipe to reset back to the original start position.
- Speed up factor: This denotes the speed of scrolling through the map over time. A higher number will result in a faster initial map scroll.
- Speed up wait time: This is the time it takes for the map acceleration to start.
- Enabled: This controls whether Smart Edge Scrolling is on/off. For example, to turn it off type "OFF" and click on "Save".
You may change the values as per your preference.
Thank you for choosing BlueStacks. We hope you enjoy using it. If you have any further questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Happy Gaming!
Last updated on August 21, 2020.