How will this help?
With BlueStacks, you can create multiple instances using different Android versions in a matter of seconds. This detailed guide will help you understand how to select your Android version in the BlueStacks Multi-instance Manager, based on the types of games you wish to play.
This article will talk about:
- Which versions of Android are available on BlueStacks
- How to choose your Android version
- Which games are supported by each Android version
What has changed?
BlueStacks Multi-instance Manager now lets you create a new instance based on a specific Android version or a runtime i.e 64-bit BlueStacks or 32-bit BlueStacks.
You can now create numerous instances based on:
- Nougat 64-bit: This is the Android Nougat 64-bit version that allows you to play Android 64-bit games, such as Teamfight Tactics.
- Nougat 32-bit: This is the Android Nougat 32-bit version which you can use for playing Android 32-bit games.
- Nougat 32-bit (Large virtual address): This version is better for overall gaming performance over long durations of gameplay for specific apps on BlueStacks, like Hearts War and War Robots.
- Lollipop 32-bit: This is the Android Lollipop 32-bit version that provides support for older Android 32-bit apps.
The links above will redirect you to the list of games that are most suited for that specific Android version.
If you wish to update any instances you have created, click here for instructions.
How to choose my Android version on BlueStacks?
Open the Multi-Instance Manager by clicking on its icon on the side toolbar, as shown below. Alternatively, you can press CTRL+Shift+8 on your keyboard to access it.
The multi-instance manager window will then open up. Here, click on "New Instance", as shown below.
You will then see two options:
- Fresh Instance - With this, you can create a fresh instance with the same or different Android version and runtime (either 32-bit or 64-bit).
- Clone Instance - This will create a replica of your current BlueStacks version. It will have the same Android version and runtime. The clone instance will have all your data and apps from your primary instance.
For representation purposes, we will be going with "Fresh Instance" as this covers all the different Android versions and runtimes.
Click on the drop-down menu to select your Android version, as shown below.
After selecting the Android version, you can then customize the instance which you would like to create. Listed below are the ways in which you can do this:
- CPU Cores - Specify the number of CPU cores you wish to assign for this instance.
- RAM (MB): Assign the amount of RAM for this instance.
- Resolution - Select the resolution for your instance here.
- ABI setting - You can select from "Auto" or "ARM" for your instance.
- DPI: Allot a DPI from 160, 240 and 320.
- Instance count: You can create one or more instances with the same settings.
To create the instance, click on Create.
You will then see the Android version and runtime for that instance, as illustrated below. To begin the instance, simply click on "Start".
In which games can I use this?
- Teamfight Tactics (com.riotgames.league.teamfighttactics)
- Tera Hero (com.redsahara.terahero)
- Rangers of Oblivion (com.gtarcade.lhjx)
- KarDia tou ABel (com.r2.myrzx.kr)
- Forza Street (com.microsoft.gravity)
- Free Fire (com.dts.freefireth)
- PUBG: Mobile (com.tencent.ig)
- Call of Duty: Mobile (com.activision.callofduty.shooter)
- Rise of Kingdoms (com.lilithgame.roc.gp)
Nougat 32-bit (Large virtual address):
- 달빛조각사 (com.kakaogames.moonlight)
- 바람의나라: 연 (com.nexon.baram)
- ステラクロニクル (com.efun.zwfz)
- HeartsWar (com.playpark.heartswar)
- 리니지2 레볼루션 (com.netmarble.lineageII)
- 倩女幽魂II (com.icantw.ghost2)
- 카운터사이드 (com.nexon.counterside)
- De:Lithe 本格オンラインRPG (jp.enish.delithe.kr)
- De:Lithe ～忘卻の真王與盟約の天使～ (jp.enish.delithe.hk)
- De:Lithe 本格オンラインRPG (jp.enish.delithe)
- 리니지2M(12) (com.ncsoft.lineage2m)
- 리니지2M (com.ncsoft.lineage2m19)
- War Robots (com.pixonic.wwr)
- Fish Island: Fishing Paradise (com.nhnpixelcube.fishislandII)
- Ace Fishing: Wild Catch (com.com2us.acefishing.normal.freefull.google.global.android.common)
- Dawn of Titans (com.naturalmotion.dawnoftitans)
- Dragon Raja (com.zloong.eu.dr.gp)
- Crusaders Quest (com.nhnent.SKQUEST)
Have some questions?
Q. What advantages do I get from choosing between Nougat 64-bit and Nougat 32-bit instances?
A. You gain the flexibility of being able to play games designed for Android 64-bit and Android 32-bit, Check out this guide for more information on playing Android 64-bit games.
Q. Can I run both Nougat 64-bit and Nougat 32-bit instances at the same time?
A. Yes. From versions 4.200 and above, you can run any combination of instances, 32-bit to 64-bit at the same time.
Q. How do I update instances in Multi-Instance Manager ?
A. You can update instances by clicking on the Check for updates icon on the top right of the MIM window. Check out this guide to learn more
Q. My laptop/PC has low/average specs. How many instances is it recommended I run at a time?
A. Running numerous instances can affect overall performance. We recommend limiting the number of instances running at one time. To help improve performance, check out this guide for detailed tips.
Q. What do I do when I'm facing errors while using either Nougat 32-bit or Nougat 64-bit instances for a particular game?
A. In such cases, we recommend you use our third option Nougat 64-bit (Large virtual address) designed for cases like this.
Thank you for choosing BlueStacks. We hope you enjoy using it. If you have any further questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Happy Gaming!
Last updated on September 1, 2020.