How will this help?
Explore the improved Notifications Mode and the new Notifications menu on BlueStacks 4.220 and above. This detailed guide will tell you all about the latest additions and how to use them.
After reading this article, you will have a better understanding about the following:
- What is the Notification mode and its benefits
- How to enable Notification mode and personalize your notifications
- How to enter the Notification mode
What's new in BlueStacks 4.220?
There's so much more that you can do now with the Notification mode.
- You can now enable sound alerts for your notifications.
- You now have the option to snooze your notifications.
- You will no longer see pop-ups for Windows/Desktop notifications. Notifications can now only be seen through the Bell notifications icon on the BlueStacks home screen, as shown below.
Notification mode and its benefits
With the Notification mode, keeping track of your progress in games is easier than ever, even when you're not playing.
- One place for accessing all your notifications, even when you are not playing or BlueStacks is running in the foreground. The BlueStacks icon will appear and show you the number of unread notifications when you get a new notification, as shown in the image below.
- Granular control - You can easily choose the games and apps for which you want to see the notifications.
- Focus on the task at hand, BlueStacks is minimized to the system tray in the notification mode.
- Save power on your PC, all apps withinBlueStacks remain closed in this mode.
Enable Notification mode and personalize notifications
1. Click on the hamburger menu on the top right side of the BlueStacks screen.
2. From the drop-down menu, select Settings.
3. On the Settings page, select the Notifications tab.
4. Under this tab, the first section lets you toggle between switching the Notification mode on or off. Clicking on the slider next to Notification mode changes its status.
The image below shows the Notification mode in Enabled state.
5. Below this is the section for Notification preferences. Here, you can change the settings for Notification sounds, Ribbon notifications and Toast notifications. You may turn a setting on/off by clicking on the slider in front of it.
Ribbon notifications are notifications that slide in on the top-right when you complete quests.
Toast notifications are notifications shown on-screen for actions such as connecting a gamepad or taking a screenshot. We recommend keeping this ON.
6. Scroll down to reach the App notifications section. Here, you can control which apps you would like to receive Bell notifications for, by turning the slider next to them On/Off.
Entering the Notification mode
1. Click on X at the top right corner to close BlueStacks.
2. If you haven't enabled the Notification Mode in BlueStacks settings, a Notifications popup will show up. Click on Yes.
If you have already enabled it in the settings, there will be no popup and you may skip to the next step.
3. BlueStacks will now be minimised and a new popup message will show up in the system tray, as shown in the image. You can close this popup by clicking on the cross on top. Otherwise, it will automatically disappear in a few seconds.
Also note that the BlueStacks icon is not showing on the taskbar, indicating that the BlueStacks app is not running anymore.
4. If you get a new notification after entering the Notification mode, the BlueStacks icon appears in the taskbar with a number on top, as shown in the image. This is the number of unread notifications that are waiting for your attention.
You will also hear sound alerts for the new notifications if you have enabled them in the settings.
Click on the icon to view the notifications.
5. When you click on the icon, BlueStacks will open with the Bell notifications which has a list of all the unread notifications for your apps, as shown in the image.
If you want to take an action on any of the notifications, simply click on it and the respective game will launch.
Otherwise, click on the Bell icon on top to make the Bell notifications menu disappear.
Snooze notifications for any app
If you wish to snooze notifications for one or more apps, you may do so by the following these steps:
1. Please click on the Bell notifications icon, as shown below.
2. From the drop down list of Notifications, place your cursor on the notification from the app whose notifications you want to snooze.
As the image shows, a new set of options appear on top right of this notification.
3. From this new set of options, click on the Crossed Bell icon.
4. A menu will appear that will let you decide for how long you want to snooze the notifications from an app. You can choose from 1 hour, 1 day, 1 week or Forever.
Choosing Forever will permanently disable notifications from that app. You may change this at any time from App Notifications under Notification settings.
Thank you for choosing BlueStacks, we hope you enjoy using it. If you have any further questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Happy Gaming!
Last updated on July 28, 2020.