How will this help?
This detailed article will guide on how to zoom with precision in BlueStacks 4.260 and above.
This feature is very useful in strategy games like Rise of Kingdoms, where keeping an eye on the smallest of details on the map can make a huge difference to your in-game progress.
What's new in the latest version of BlueStacks?
With BlueStacks 4.260 and above, you will now be able to zoom to where your mouse cursor is located by pressing the Up and Down arrow keys on your keyboard.
How can I zoom with precision in BlueStacks?
You can zoom in/out of a particular point within a game, based on where your cursor or mouse pointer is located. There are two ways to do this:
Zoom with precision using the mouse wheel
You can zoom with precision in a game by using the CTRL key and your mouse wheel. The steps below will teach you how to do this:
1. Launch your favorite strategy game on BlueStacks. For presentation purposes, let's play Rise of Kingdoms.
2. Once the game starts, place your cursor or mouse pointer at the point where you wish to zoom in. Now, press and hold the CTRL key and scroll your mouse wheel. These keyboard controls cannot be changed.
Scrolling the mouse wheel downwards will zoom in, with your cursor as the point of focus.
Scrolling the mouse wheel upwards will zoom out, with your cursor as the point of focus.
You can also zoom with precision at a particular point in a game, by using the Up or Down arrow keys. The steps below will teach you how to do this:
1. Launch a game such as Rise of Kingdoms on BlueStacks.
2. Once the game starts, place your cursor or mouse pointer at the point where you wish to zoom in. Now, pressing the Up arrow key will zoom in, with your cursor as the point of focus.
Pressing the Down arrow key will zoom out, with your cursor as the point of focus.
How can I edit the keyboard controls for zooming with precision?
You can replace the Up and Down arrow keys with any another key control of your choice, to zoom in at a particular point in a game. The steps below will show you how to do this:
1. After you launch your favorite strategy game on BlueStacks, click on the Game guide icon on the side toolbar, as shown below.
2. This will open the Game guide window. Here, scroll down to locate the Zoom section, as shown below. This section lets you view the existing keyboard controls for the zoom feature.
3. To edit these controls, click on the Edit button, available at the bottom right corner.
4. Now, click on the existing controls for the Zoom feature and press the new key that you want to perform the function with instead.
5. To save the changes, click on Save at the bottom right corner. You can now use the newly assigned key to perform that particular function.
Thank you for choosing BlueStacks. We hope you enjoy using it. If you have any further questions, please contact us at email@example.com. Happy Gaming!
Last updated on Jan 14, 2021.