How will this help?
This detailed guide will help you easily create your own controls for the Android version of GTA: Vice City on BlueStacks.
How to create controls for GTA: Vice City?
NOTE: This article will tell you about adding controls for a keyboard as well as a gamepad controller. If you wish to know more about how to use a gamepad controller on BlueStacks, please refer to this article.
1. Launch GTA: Vice City from your BlueStacks home screen.
2. On the game screen, you will see in-game buttons that let your character perform various functions. To configure key controls for these buttons, please click on the Game Controls icon on the side toolbar.
3. From the drop-down menu, select Open advanced editor.
4. On the next screen, you will see a list of all the available controls that you may add on BlueStacks. To know about what each control does, please read this detailed guide on how to use the Controls Editor.
To assign a key to the available on-screen functions, simply drag and drop the control from the 'Controls editor' window on top of the in-game button, as shown below. For representation purposes, we have dragged and dropped the Tap spot control on top of the Punch button.
5. Now, hover your cursor over the new control that you have just dropped on the screen to see a gear icon under it. Click on this gear icon.
6. This will open the advanced settings page for this control key.
- If you're using a keyboard, click on the Keyboard and mouse tab and enter the key of your choice in the Tap key column.
- If you're using a gamepad controller, click on the Gamepad tab and enter the key of your choice in the Tap key column.
7. Do the same for all the buttons available on-screen and add key controls of your choice. Your assigned keys will now appear on top of the in-game buttons.
Once done, please click on Save. You can now continue playing GTA: Vice City with the newly assigned key controls.
8. It is highly recommended to enable on-screen controls for initial hours of playing to get yourself familiarised with these new control keys.
Once you know all the controls, you can hide these controls at any time by clicking on the Game controls icon and adjusting their opacity from the menu, as shown below.
Know more about GTA: Vice City on BlueStacks
You can also visit our dedicated blog for GTA: Vice City to know more about playing the game on BlueStacks.
Thank you for choosing BlueStacks. We hope you enjoy using it. If you have any further questions, please contact us at email@example.com. Happy Gaming!
Last updated on November 17, 2020.