What are Google Play Points?
Google Play Points is a rewards program in which you can earn points on anything you might purchase through Google Play Store.
For example, if you purchase a gun skin while playing a game such as Free Fire, you will earn a certain number of Google Play Points. These points can then be used for discounts, Google Play Credits or content in various apps and games.
This article will guide you on how to:
NOTE: Currently, the Google Play Points program is only available in USA, UK, Japan and South Korea.
How can I join Google Play Points?
Google Play Points can be used in various games like Free Fire, Marvel Strike Force, Call of Duty: Mobile, Raid: Shadow Legends and many others. To join Google Play Points, please follow the steps below.
1. Launch BlueStacks and click on the Google Play Store icon, as shown below.
2. Click on the menu button in the Play Store.
3. Click on "Play Points", as illustrated below.
4. To join, click on "Join for free". This will now enroll you in Google Play Points.
NOTE: Please note that the account you are using in the Google Play Store will be enrolled in this rewards program. To ensure you get the points, please use the same account in apps while making a purchase.
How do I earn Google Play Points?
These can be earned by making purchases in apps, games, subscriptions, in-app purchases, books, movies, TV shows, and music. You earn 1 point for every $1 that is spent, depending on your level.
If you earn enough points, you then advance to the next "level". These levels are explained below in more detail.
Levels in Google Play Points
- Bronze – 1 point per dollar
- Silver (150+ points/year) – 1.1 points per dollar
- Gold (600+ points/year) – 1.2 points per dollar
- Platinum (3,000+ points/year)– 1.4 points per dollar
Benefits of levels
The higher your level is, the better the rate at which you earn points. The Silver, Gold, and Platinum levels also have weekly prizes available which you can participate in..
You can also view your current level in the Play Points tab.
How can I use Google Play Points?
1. Once you have earned Google Play Points, you can use them by clicking on Play Points, as shown below.
2. Click on "Use", as shown below.
3. You will then see the app names listed below. You can spend these points on various in-game items. To purchase, click on the item you would like.
4. To complete the purchase, click on "Use points".
Have any questions?
Q. Why can I not see Play Points on BlueStacks?
A. Play Points is only available in certain countries at the moment. These are USA, UK, Japan and South Korea.
Q. Can Play Points expire?
A. Play Points expire one year after your last activity with them. If you earn points and don't use them or earn any other points, these points can expire after one year.
Q. Can my Play Points level expire?
A. Yes. Once you reach a level in Play Points, this level remains until the end of the calendar year. Based on your activity in a calendar year, your level changes accordingly.
Q. I cannot see Play Points even though I'm in one of the countries where the program is available. What can I do?
A. Please ensure that the Google account you are using has also been created in that country itself. You cannot use an account created in Germany, for example, while living in USA, where this rewards program is available.
Thank you for choosing BlueStacks. We hope you enjoy using it. If you have any further questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Happy Gaming!
Last updated on November 9, 2020.