How will this help?
The steps in this article will guide you on how to disable Hyper-V on Windows, so that you begin using BlueStacks 5 Beta.
How to disable Hyper-V on Windows?
The video below shows how to disable Hyper-V on Windows.
You can disable Hyper-V on your PC by either:
1. Disabling Hyper-V using an .exe file
We have created an .exe file that will disable Hyper-V on your PC. Please download and double-click the .exe file from this link. After running this file, please restart your PC/Laptop. If you still get this error after restarting once, please restart your PC/Laptop a few times, after which Hyper-V will be disabled.
2. Disabling Hyper-V using the "Windows features" option
Hyper-V can be disabled from the control panel using the Windows features option. Follow the steps mentioned below to disable Hyper-V:
1. Go to Control Panel → Programs → Turn Windows features on or off
2. You will now have to uncheck different Windows features for different editions of Windows and installed updates.
- For Windows 8 Pro 64-bit edition, Windows 8 Enterprise 64-bit edition, Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit edition and Windows 8.1 Enterprise 64-bit edition, uncheck the Hyper-V option, as shown below. Then click on OK.
- If you are using Professional, Enterprise or Education editions of Windows 10, please uncheck Hyper V, Windows Hypervisor Platform and Windows Sandbox. Then, click on OK.
- For Windows 10 Pro 64-bit edition, make sure the options Hyper-V and Windows Hypervisor Platform are unchecked, as shown in the image. Click OK to save the changes.
- For Windows 10 Home (Version 1809) and almost all the recent editions of Windows 10, make the two options shown in the image are unchecked. Then, select OK.
- For Windows 10 Home (version 1803), uncheck the Windows Hypervisor Platform option and click on OK.
3. Click on OK. Windows Feature will apply the changes and ask you to restart. Please restart your system/PC to apply the requested changes by clicking on Restart now.
NOTE: For some specific versions of Windows 10, the "Virtual machine platform" and "Windows hypervisor platform" check-boxes are not available. Users should follow the steps illustrated below if they do not see these options in the Windows features:
1. In the windows search bar, search for "core isolation".
2. In the core isolation settings, turn off the Memory integrity.
Thank you for choosing BlueStacks! We hope you enjoy using it. If you have any further questions, please contact us at email@example.com. Happy Gaming!
Last updated on February 15, 2021