How will this help?
The steps in this article will guide you on how you can disable Hyper-V on Windows so that you begin using BlueStacks 5.
How can I disable Hyper-V?
You can disable Hyper-V by either of the following 3 methods:
You can quickly disable Hyper-V on your PC by using the custom .exe file we have created. The steps below will guide you through this.
1. Download and run this custom .exe file for disabling Hyper -V.
2. After the process is completed, you will see a pop-up that requires you to restart your PC, as shown below. Please click on "OK" to restart your PC so that the changes can take effect.
Once your PC restarts, Hyper-V will be disabled and you can now use BlueStacks 5.
You can also disable Hyper-V on your PC through the Command Prompt. The steps below will show you how to do this:
1. Click on the search bar at the bottom left of your PC and type "Command Prompt".
2. Once you find Command Prompt in the search results, click on "Run as administrator".
3. After the application opens, type the following command and press the Enter key.
bcdedit /set hypervisorlaunchtype off
Upon the execution of this command, Hyper-V will now be turned off on your PC.
Hyper-V can also be manually disabled from the Control Panel using the "Windows features" option. Follow the steps mentioned below to disable Hyper-V:
1. Go to Control Panel → Programs → Turn Windows features on or off
2. You will now have to uncheck different Windows features for your Windows version.
For Windows 8, uncheck the "Hyper-V" option, as shown below.
For Windows 10 or Windows 11, different Windows features will be available, based on its edition. Please uncheck all of the Windows features given below, that are present for your Windows OS:
- Hyper V
- Windows Hypervisor Platform
- Windows Sandbox
- Virtual Machine Platform
- Windows Subsystem for Linux
NOTE: If "Virtual machine platform" and "Windows hypervisor platform" are not available in your Windows 10 edition, please click here.
3. Once you uncheck all of the Windows features applicable for your PC, click on "OK".
4. Windows will need to restart your PC to apply the requested changes. Click on "Restart now" to proceed.
How can I disable Memory integrity?
For some specific editions of Windows 10, the "Virtual machine platform" and "Windows hypervisor platform" check-boxes are not available. Users should follow the steps illustrated below if they do not see these options in the Windows features:
1. In the windows search bar, search for "core isolation" and open it.
2. In the core isolation settings, turn off the Memory integrity.
Thank you for choosing BlueStacks. We hope you enjoy using it. If you have any further questions, please contact us at email@example.com. Happy Gaming!