How will this help?
With BlueStacks 4.270 and above, you can select controls specific for each hero with just a few clicks. Each control scheme is personalized for every hero, allowing you to use them to their maximum ability.
Also, every hero now has WASD and MOBA controls, allowing you to choose controls according to your preference.
What is the difference between WASD and MOBA controls?
WASD and MOBA controls cater to different playstyles and past gaming experiences.
MOBA controls - These are for players who have previously played MOBA games such as DOTA 2, League of Legends and various others. If you have played any PC MOBA games before, you will feel right at home with MOBA controls.
WASD controls - These are for players who are new to the MOBA genre. If you're relatively inexperienced in the MOBA genre, these controls are easy to understand and use.
MOBA and WASD control schemes have different key controls. To view controls for any of the control schemes, you can click on the Game Guide icon on the Side Toolbar.
How can I select these controls?
Key controls for every hero can be selected in a variety of different ways.
Through the Scheme selection popup
1) You can use the Scheme selection popup to select hero specific controls. It can be opened using the shortcut keys CTRL + SHIFT + Q.
2) Based on your preference, you can choose either WASD or MOBA controls for your hero.
3) To select a control scheme, simply click on the hero name.
Through the Game Guide
1) When in-game, click on the Game Guide icon on the side toolbar.
2) Click on the current scheme selected, as shown below.
3) From the drop-down menu, click on the hero name you wish to use. Based on your preference, you can select either the MOBA control scheme or the WASD control scheme.
NOTE: These control schemes are listed in alphabetical order.
Through the Controls Editor
1) When in-game, click on the keyboard icon on the Side Toolbar.
2) Select "Open advanced editor". You can also press "CTRL + SHIFT + A" on your keyboard, for quick access.
3) Click on the current scheme selected.
4) From the drop-down menu, select the control scheme for the hero you wish to use. Based on your preference, you can select either the WASD variant or the MOBA variant.
NOTE: These control schemes are saved in descending alphabetical order of hero names.
Remember to click on "Save", to apply the selected control scheme.
Thank you for choosing BlueStacks, we hope you enjoy using it. If you have any further questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Happy Gaming!
Last updated on February 26, 2021.