What can the ESC key do?
By default, the ESC key on your keyboard is a shortcut key for the Android "Back" button, which can be found on the Side Toolbar.
You can also use the ESC key on your keyboard for two other actions. These are:
- Using the ESC key to exit full-screen mode
- Using the ESC key to unlock the mouse cursor
By default, both of these options are enabled.
What happens if both are enabled?
The action of the ESC key will depend on your activity on BlueStacks 5.
If you're in full-screen mode with your mouse cursor locked:
- Press the ESC key once to exit full-screen mode
- Press the ESC key again to unlock the mouse cursor.
- To go "Back", press the ESC key for the third time.
If your mouse cursor is locked:
- Press the ESC key once to unlock your mouse cursor
- Press ESC key again to go "Back".
If you're in full-screen mode:
- Press ESC key once to exit full-screen mode.
- Press the ESC key again to go "Back".
How can I access these settings?
1. Click on the gear icon on the Side Toolbar or the hamburger icon at the top right, to access BlueStacks Settings.
2. In the settings menu, click on "Preferences".
3. Next, look for the section "ESC key behavior", within which both or either of the options can be toggled ON/OFF. The image below represents both of these options toggled ON.
To enable/disable, simply click on the toggle option.
Before exiting, please remember to click on "Save changes" to apply any change you may have made.
Thank you for choosing BlueStacks, we hope you enjoy using it. If you have any further questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Happy Gaming!