How will this help?
If BlueStacks 5 cannot start or if you see an error code at the time of launching BlueStacks 5, such as "Error code: -1101", "Error code: -2001" or "Error code: -2004", you can resolve it by following the steps given in this article.
The images below show the pop-ups that you may see if BlueStacks 5 fails to start.
Cannot start BlueStacks
Error code: -1101
If you see a message after launching BlueStacks 5 stating that some minor repairs are needed, you can resolve it by clicking on "Repair now". To learn more, please read this article.
How can I resolve this?
- Restart your system.
- Check if Virtualization is enabled.
- Ensure that your PC fulfills the minimum system requirements.
- Increase the allocated CPU cores and RAM to BlueStacks.
- Configure your antivirus correctly as it may be interfering with BlueStacks.
- Make sure to:
- Update your GPU drivers to the latest version.
- Scan for and repair any corrupt files on your computer.
- Install the latest updates for your Windows.
Click here to learn how to do it.
- Free up your PC’s RAM by force-stopping unwanted applications through the Task Manager. To do so:
a) Press Ctrl+Shift+Esc to open Task Manager
b) Select the program you wish you close
c) Click on "End Task".
If you’re still facing issues while launching BlueStacks, you may share log files by sending a problem report, so our Support Team may help you with a quick resolution or a workaround for the issue. To learn more about how to report a problem when BlueStacks 5 does not start, click here.
Thank you for choosing BlueStacks. We hope you enjoy using it. Happy Gaming!