What is the shooting mode?
The shooting mode on BlueStacks 5 lets you move your gun's reticle to aim easily in first-person shooter (FPS) and sniper games using the movement of your mouse, just like you do it on a desktop/laptop.
Here's how using the shooting mode can enhance your gameplay:
Adjust your aim and fire easily at the same time.
View your surroundings/aim at your enemy without having to hold the left mouse button.
Press the left mouse button to fire without having to click on the on-screen control.
Perform other in-game actions such as changing settings, by temporarily suspending the shooting mode.
How can I enable shooting mode?
1. Launch any first-person (or third-person) shooting game and click on the Game controls menu to open the "Controls editor".
2. Drag the "Aim, pan and shoot" option and drop it anywhere on the game screen. Then, assign a key of your choice to it.
NOTE: Place the icon slightly to the right of the center of the screen to avoid tampering with the D-PAD in games.
3. Now, hover your cursor over the control and click on the gear icon, as shown below.
4. Toggle the "Fire with left click" option by clicking on the slider in front of it.
5. Click on the mouse icon and drag it on top of the "Shoot/Fire" button on the game screen, as this allows you to fire your weapon by clicking on the left mouse button.
6. Click on "Save" and close the advanced editor.
You can now enable/disable the shooting mode at any point while playing the game by pressing the key assigned to it in Step 2.
How can I customize the settings for shooting mode?
1. Hover your cursor on the key control for "Aim, pan and shoot" and click on the gear icon at the bottom.
2. The "Aim, pan and shoot settings" menu will now open, as shown below.
You can now make changes to the following options:
- Start/Stop - Enable/disable the shooting Mode
- Suspend - Pause the shooting mode temporarily for free movement of the mouse cursor for as long as the assigned key is pressed.
- X - Signifies the location of "X" axis where the shooting mode tool is placed.
- Y - Signifies the location of "Y" axis where the shooting mode tool is placed.
- Mouse sensitivity X - Value decides how sensitive the aim is with respect to the horizontal movement of the mouse. If Sensitivity = 1, it means the mouse sensitivity is the same as the Windows cursor sensitivity.
NOTE: Switch off "Enhance pointer precision" from "Pointer Options" in the Windows Control Panel to get more accurate aiming.
- Mouse sensitivity Y - Value decides how sensitive the aim is with respect to the vertical movement of the mouse. If Sensitivity = 2 this means vertical movement is twice as fast as horizontal movement.
- Tweaks - Various values used to optimize aim in different games.
- Mouse acceleration - Used as a multiplier to the speed of the mouse. If the value here is "TRUE", the faster you move the mouse, the distance covered by your cursor will also increase.
Look around mode
You can enable the "Look around mode" by clicking on the toggle button in front of it to view your in-game surroundings easily. This mode is a core part of most Battle Royale games.
- Eye icon - Drag and drop it on the "Look around" key, if available in the game settings or user interface.
- Free Look position X, Y - To define coordinates manually
- Free Look - Key control used to look around
Fire with left click
You can enable the "Fire with left click" function by clicking on the toggle button in front of it and shoot easily using the left mouse button.
- Mouse icon - Drag and drop the icon on the "Shoot/Fire" button to fire your weapon instantly using the left mouse button.
- Action position X, Y - To define coordinates manually
NOTE: Action function is the key control to shoot that is set to left-click and cannot be changed.
Show keys on-screen
Click on the toggle button to view the "Aim, pan and shoot" controls on your game screen.
Thank you for choosing BlueStacks. We hope you enjoy using it. Happy Gaming!