What are Performance modes and what do they do?
Performance modes allows you to decide how BlueStacks should performs on your PC. It is designed to let you either:
- Conserve memory (RAM) usage by BlueStacks (Low memory)
- Optimize RAM usage and performance (Default)
- Favour higher performance at the expense of increased RAM usage for the best gaming experience (High performance)
When should I change these settings?
To decide whether you would like to change these settings, we'll describe what each mode does and where the effect can be observed.
Low memory mode
When you select this mode, BlueStacks 5 will use the least amount of RAM possible. This mode can be used if you experience exceptionally high RAM usage while playing intensive apps.
As the name suggests, this will be your primary default mode on BlueStacks 5. When this mode is selected, BlueStacks 5 will optimize overall performance and RAM usage to ensure you get the best possible experience.
This mode allows you to squeeze every ounce of performance from your PC/laptop to get the best possible experience in graphical and performance intensive apps on BlueStacks 5.
This mode can be used if you do not get optimum performance, or if you face any lag-related issues, on the "Default mode" while playing intensive apps, such as Rise of Kingdoms. Selecting this mode could help resolve such issues.
How can I apply one mode for multiple instances?
If you have multiple instances installed, you can apply one mode for all by simply:
- Applying the desired performance mode on your primary instance
- Restarting all running instances.
This setting will also be applied to all installed instances when you launch them, if they are not running when you apply this change on the primary instance.
You will see also see this pop-up, shown below, when you change the performance mode on your main instance while multiple instances are installed.
How can I change my performance mode?
1. Click on the gear icon on the Side Toolbar to access BlueStacks 5 settings.
2. In the Performance tab, click on the current mode selected just below "Performance mode".
3. From the drop-down menu, select the mode you would like to choose.
4. Once selected, click on "Save changes".
5. To apply these changes, a BlueStacks will restart. Click on "Restart now".
These settings will then be applied.
Thank you for choosing BlueStacks. We hope you enjoy using it. If you have any further questions, please contact us at email@example.com. Happy Gaming!