How will this help?
When you launch a version of BlueStacks 5 that does not support Hyper-V on a PC where Hyper-V is enabled, you will see the message shown in the image below.
To continue using BlueStacks 5 on your PC, you will have to either:
How can I install the BlueStacks 5 version for Hyper-V?
If you're unable to launch BlueStacks 5 because Hyper-V is enabled in your PC, then you can remove it and install the BlueStacks 5 version that supports Hyper-V. The steps below will show you how.
1. First, uninstall BlueStacks 5 currently on your PC by following the steps given here.
NOTE: Uninstalling BlueStacks 5 will remove all your apps, instances and game data. If you don't wish to do this, you can simply disable Hyper-V and continue using your current BlueStacks 5 installed on your PC.
2. Visit our official download page for BlueStacks 5. Here, click on the "Download BlueStacks" button, as shown below.
3. The installer or BlueStacks 5 that supports Hyper-V will automatically begin to download. Once downloaded, run the installer by double-clicking on it.
4. Now, click on the "Install now" button to start installing BlueStacks 5 that supports Hyper-V on your PC.
Once the installation is complete, you can launch BlueStacks 5 with Hyper-V enabled on your PC and enjoy playing your favorite Android games.
How can I disable Hyper-V?
You can use the BlueStacks 5 version installed on your PC by disabling the Hyper-V related settings within the "Windows features" option. The steps below will show you how to do this.
1. Go to Control Panel → Programs → Turn Windows features on or off
2. You will now have to uncheck different Windows features for your Windows version.
For Windows 8, uncheck the "Hyper-V" option, as shown below.
For Windows 10 or Windows 11, different Windows features will be available based on their versions. Please uncheck all of the Windows features given below that are available in your Windows OS version.
- Windows Hypervisor Platform
- Windows Sandbox
- Virtual Machine Platform
- Windows Subsystem for Linux
NOTE: If "Virtual machine platform" and "Windows hypervisor platform" are not available in your Windows 10 edition, please use the Memory Integrity option, after following the steps below.
3. Once you uncheck all of the Windows features applicable for your PC, click on "OK".
4. Windows will need to restart your PC to apply the requested changes. Click on "Restart now" to proceed.
Other methods of disabling Hyper-V
In case you're still unable to launch BlueStacks 5 after you have disabled Hyper-V using the method above, then please refer to the following article which will guide you further on how you can do this.
Thank you for choosing BlueStacks. We hope you enjoy using it. If you have any further questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Happy Gaming!