How will this help?
You can instantly hide BlueStacks 5 from your screen and the taskbar, using the Boss Key which is essentially a shortcut key on BlueStacks 5.4 and above.
For example, if you're playing a game on BlueStacks 5 and you'd like to hide your activity from prying eyes, you can make BlueStacks 5 disappear altogether without a trail, using the Boss Key.
NOTE: Your Multi-instance Manager window and Desktop notifications will still be visible even after using the Boss Key.
How can I hide BlueStacks 5 using the Boss Key?
Press Ctrl + Shift + X on your keyboard to instantly hide BlueStacks 5 from your screen and the taskbar, as shown below.
You can press the same keys to make BlueStacks 5 reappear on your screen and the taskbar. If you'd like to change the shortcut key for the Boss Key action, refer to the steps in the following section.
How can I edit or view the shortcut key to hide BlueStacks 5?
1. On your BlueStacks home screen, click on the gear icon on the Side Toolbar to access the Settings menu.
2. In the Settings menu, select the "Shortcuts" tab. Here, you will find a list of functions to which shortcut keys have already been assigned.
3. To edit the shortcut keys for hiding BlueStacks 5, simply click on the box in front of the "Boss Key" and press the shortcut key you would like, on your keyboard.
You can modify the shortcut key in any of the following formats:
- A single key of your choice
- SHIFT + [key of your choice]
- CTRL + [key of your choice]
- ALT + [key of your choice]
- CTRL + ALT + [key of your choice]
The formats mentioned above are only available on BlueStacks 5.5 and above. The formats given below can be used on all versions of BlueStacks 5.
- CTRL + SHIFT + [key of your choice]
- ALT + SHIFT + [key of your choice]
- CTRL + ALT + SHIFT + [key of your choice]
NOTE: The same shortcut key combination cannot be assigned to two actions under the Shortcuts menu.
4. After making the desired changes, click on "Save changes" to activate the new shortcut key. You will now get a confirmation message on your screen.
5. If at any point, you wish to use the default shortcut key for hiding BlueStacks 5, click on "Restore default".
6. You will then see a confirmation message. Here, click on "Restore defaults", to revert all the shortcut keys to their default values.
Thank you for choosing BlueStacks 5. We hope you enjoy using it. Happy Gaming!