How will this help?
You can instantly hide BlueStacks 5 from your screen and the taskbar using the Boss Key. It is essentially a shortcut key that hides your activity from prying eyes and mutes the sound as well!
For example, if you're playing a game and would like to hide your activity, you can press the Boss Key to make BlueStacks 5 disappear altogether without a trail. If at any point, you want to jump back into your game, you can simply press the Boss Key again and resume playing!
NOTE: Your Multi-instance Manager window and Desktop notifications will still be visible even after using the Boss Key.
How can I hide BlueStacks 5 using the Boss Key?
You can press Ctrl + Shift + X on your keyboard to instantly hide BlueStacks 5 from your screen and the taskbar and make it appear again by pressing the same keys, as shown below.
If you'd like to change the shortcut key for the Boss Key, refer to the steps in the following section.
How can I view or edit the shortcut key to hide BlueStacks 5?
1. On your BlueStacks home screen, click on the gear icon on the Side toolbar to access the Settings menu.
2. Click on the "Shortcuts" tab. Here, you will find a list of functions to which shortcut keys have already been assigned.
3. To edit the shortcut key to hide BlueStacks 5, simply click on the box in front of "Boss Key" and press the new keys on your keyboard.
You can modify the shortcut key in any of the following formats:
- A single key of your choice
- SHIFT + [key of your choice]
- CTRL + [key of your choice]
- ALT + [key of your choice]
- CTRL + ALT + [key of your choice]
- CTRL + SHIFT + [key of your choice]
- ALT + SHIFT + [key of your choice]
- CTRL + ALT + SHIFT + [key of your choice]
NOTE: The same shortcut key combination cannot be assigned to two actions under the Shortcuts menu.
4. After making the desired changes, click on "Save changes" to activate the new shortcut key. You will now get a confirmation message on your screen.
5. If at any point, you wish to use the default shortcut key for hiding BlueStacks 5, click on "Restore default".
6. You will then see a confirmation message. Here, click on "Restore defaults", to revert all the shortcut keys to their default values.
Thank you for choosing BlueStacks 5. We hope you enjoy using it. Happy Gaming!