What is the Player Preference setting?
When you select any game available on BlueStacks X, our AI-based Hybrid Cloud algorithm will intelligently decide where the game should be played for the best experience and give you either of the following options: "Play Instantly in Browser", "Install via Google Play" or "Install in App Player".
If you wish to choose the platform for every game yourself, you can change your "Player Preference" setting from the Settings menu where you will get the following options:
- System auto selection (Default) - It lets BlueStacks X decide the platform.
- Ask where I would prefer to play, for each game - It lets you choose the gameplay platform.
NOTE: For the best gameplay experience, we recommend selecting the "System auto selection" option.
To change your Player Preference:
- Click on the "Settings" icon on the bottom left of BlueStacks X
- Select the "Preferences" tab
- Click on "Player Preference" and select your preferred mode
You can view the following section to see how these changes affect your gameplay experience on BlueStacks X.
What will happen when I choose a certain mode?
System auto selection
1. When you choose "System Auto Selection" you will see either a "Play Instantly in Browser", "Install via Google Play" or "Install in App Player" button available on the app page of the game of your choice.
The ideal way to play the selected game is decided based on various factors such as system specifications, Internet connection and others to bring you the best gameplay experience.
Ask where I would prefer to play, for each game
1. When you choose this, you will get an option to play the game on Cloud (if it's available) or on the App Player which will then download the game on your PC.
Additionally, your games will be divided into the below-mentioned categories in the "My Games" tab, as shown below.
- My Cloud Games
- My Android Games
How can I change my Player Preference?
1. Launch BlueStacks X and click on the "Settings" menu, as shown below.
2. Navigate and click on the "Preferences" tab.
3. Now, click on "Player Preference", as shown below.
4. Select an option under the "Player Preference" setting of BlueStacks X :
- System auto selection
- Ask where I would prefer to play, for each game
The selected mode is immediately applied and you can start playing games with the desired settings.
Thank you for choosing BlueStacks X. We hope you enjoy using it. Happy Gaming!