How will this help?
60 FPS is the gold standard in gaming overall. You can now push that standard up to 90 FPS, in a game as exciting as Free Fire.
This will provide a more immersive gameplay experience and will give you an edge over other players.
Recommended System Requirements for Free Fire
How can I do this?
You can achieve this by following the steps listed below.
- Change device profile
- Enable high FPS in BlueStacks Settings
- Disable VSync in your GPU settings (NVIDIA / AMD)
- After following these steps, please restart BlueStacks.
How can I change the device profile in BlueStacks?
1. Launch BlueStacks. Then, navigate to the Settings menu by clicking on the "gear" icon on the side toolbar or through the hamburger menu, as shown below.
2. In the settings menu, open the "Device" tab.
3. Next, click on the drop-down menu under "Device profile" and select "ASUS ROG 2" from the device list.
4. Once selected, click on "Save changes". The device profile will then become active on your BlueStacks.
How can I enable high FPS in BlueStacks settings?
1. Within the settings menu, open the "Performance" tab, as shown below.
2. Under the "Frame rate" section, make the following changes:
- Make sure that the slider in front of "Enable high frame rate" is Blue. You can toggle it ON/OFF by clicking on it.
- Next, slide the FPS counter to "240".
3. Finally, click on "Save changes".
How can I disable VSync?
Please select your GPU manufacturer to proceed:
Disabling VSync for NVIDIA users
1. Launch "NVIDIA Control Panel". This can be accessed through the search menu on your taskbar, as shown below.
2. Click on "Manage 3D Settings". Next, click on "Program settings", as displayed below.
3. Now, click on the drop-down menu, as shown below. Here, select "App Player (HD-Player.exe)".
4. Under "3. Specify the settings for this program", scroll down until you see "Vertical Sync" (V-Sync). On the drop-down menu beside it, select "Off".
5. Click on "Apply" to save these settings, as shown above. After these steps have been followed, please restart BlueStacks. You can now play Free Fire at the 90FPS.
Disabling VSync for AMD users
1. Launch AMD Radeon Software. Click on the "Gaming" tab, as shown below.
2. Click on the "More options" button on the top right. Next, click on "Add a game".
3. A file explorer window will then open. Navigate to "C:\Program Files\BlueStacks", as displayed below. From here, select "HD-Player.exe".
4. This will add BlueStacks to a list of your games. Click on the "HD-Player.exe" icon, as illustrated below.
5. There are two changes to be made here. A pictorial example of these are shown in the image below.
- Turn "Wait for Vertical refresh" to "Off, unless application specifies". This can be found under the "Graphics" section.
- Turn "Radeon FreeSync" to "Off".
After these settings have been applied, please restart BlueStacks. You can now play Free Fire at 90FPS!
Thank you for choosing BlueStacks 5. We hope you enjoy using it. Happy Gaming!