What is Moments Mode?
Moments Mode lets you instantly capture epic gaming moments by pressing CTRL + M on your keyboard to capture the last 30 seconds of your gameplay on BlueStacks 5.13.200 and above!
Whether it's a quick-scope in Standoff 2 or an epic squad wipe in Free Fire, Moments is continuously by your side to capture your glory!
In addition to saving you the hassle of recording lengthy gameplay sessions and spending more time editing your epic moments, it saves your videos in a high-quality format without compromising on performance!
Click on the links below to learn more about:
- A quick summary of how Moments Mode works
- How to capture your gameplay highlights
- How to access and manage your Moments
- Why a now.gg sign-in is required
- How to send feedback for Moments Mode
On the latest version of BlueStacks 5.14.20, you can edit your Moments and video recordings effortlessly and give your videos a makeover using our video editor. To learn more, click here.
How does Moments Mode work?
Moments Mode has been designed so that you can effortlessly record your gameplay highlights with minimal distraction from your gameplay. Here's how it works:
- Before playing, click on the "Screen Recording" icon on the Side toolbar and enable "Moments Mode".
- "Sign in with now.gg" or click on "Continue as guest".
- When you come across an epic moment, press CTRL + M on your keyboard to save the last 30 seconds of your gameplay.
- Please ensure that you're on BlueStacks version 5.13.200 or above.
- You can save Moments and upload video recordings when logged in as a Guest. However, if you reinstall BlueStacks, your videos will no longer be available. Therefore, for easy access to your recordings stored on the Cloud, please link your account by clicking on the "Profile" icon.
- We recommend allocating 4 CPU Cores and 4 GB of memory to BlueStacks 5 for smooth performance. To learn how you can do this, click here.
How can I capture my gameplay highlights?
You can change the default shortcut key to capture a Moment if CTRL + M is already in use. To do this, open the BlueStacks 5 Settings Menu and click on the "Shortcuts" tab. Within this tab, modify the keys beside "Capture Moment" and click on "Save". For more details, click here.
1. Before you begin playing, click on the "Screen Recording" icon on your Side toolbar.
2. Next, click on the toggle beside "Moments Mode" to enable it, as shown below.
3. You can then "Sign in with now.gg" or "Continue as guest" to save Moments and upload video recordings.
NOTE: For quick and easy access to your recordings stored on the Cloud, please link your account.
4. Once you've selected your method of login, Moments Mode will be enabled, as shown below.
How can I access and manage my captured Moments?
1. Once you've saved a Moment, click on the "Media Gallery" icon on the Side toolbar or press CTRL + SHIFT + 6 on your keyboard.
2. Click on "Moments" to view your saved highlights.
Using the Media Gallery, you can:
- Watch and share your captured Moments
- Rename or delete your clips
- Open your Library containing your captured Moments
Watch and share your gameplay
1. Within your Media Gallery, click on the "Play" icon of the clip you wish to watch. Additionally, you can also click on the 3 vertical dots below your video and select "Play" from the drop-down menu.
2. This will open the captured Moment within your browser on now.gg where you can:
- Watch the video by clicking on the "Play" icon
- Share the video by clicking on "Copy Link". You can then send this link to anyone who you want to share the video with.
Rename or delete a clip
1. To rename or delete a clip, click on the 3 vertical dots below the desired video.
2. To rename a clip, select "Rename" and type in the new name. Lastly, click on the "Save" icon or press "Enter" on your keyboard.
3. To delete a saved clip, select "Delete" from the drop-down menu.
Viewing your entire library of recorded clips
All gameplay clips captured via Moments will be stored on now.gg, after they've been uploaded to the Cloud and on your desktop/laptop where they will be saved locally.
To view your captured Moments from the Media Gallery, you can click on either:
- Open cloud folder: Watch your clips on now.gg and share them with your friends via a simple link!
- Open local folder: This will open the folder on your desktop/laptop where the captured Moments are saved as .mp4 files.
Watch your collection of clips on now.gg and share them with your friends!
1. From within the Media Gallery, click on "Open cloud folder" on the top-right, as shown below.
2. You will then be redirected to your browser where your video library will be shown. From here, you can easily manage your highlights and watch, review, or share them if you wish.
Access your Moments saved locally on your desktop/laptop
In addition to being saved on the Cloud, your Moments are also saved as .mp4 files on your desktop/laptop. This makes it convenient to further edit your Moments or watch them offline if you'd like to.
When you click on "Open local folder", a Windows File Explorer window will appear where all of your captured Moments will be stored.
NOTE: This folder will also contain thumbnail images of your captured Moments which can also be used by you.
Why do I need to sign in to now.gg?
Moments is powered by now.gg and a sign-in ensures that your recordings are stored securely on the Cloud so that you can access them anywhere anytime.
While you can save Moments and upload video recordings when logged in as a Guest, if you reinstall BlueStacks, your videos stored on the Cloud will no longer be available.
Therefore, for easy access to your precious recordings, please link your account and sign in with now.gg. You can do this by clicking on the "Profile" icon, as shown below.
Get ready to share your recordings with ease and flaunt your gaming skills with your friends, followers or the gaming community!
How can I share feedback for Moments?
Your feedback is of the utmost importance to us and we'll be glad to hear from you! To share your feedback, simply click on "Share feedback" within the Media Gallery, as shown below.
We look forward to hearing from you!
NOTE: The "Share Feedback" button will only be shown once you have one or more Moments recorded.
Thank you for choosing BlueStacks. We hope you enjoy using it. Happy Gaming!