How will this help?
This article will explain how you can allocate more CPU cores and memory to BlueStacks 5. This can help enhance performance or resolve any lag-related issues.
Click on the links below to view:
How can I allocate more CPU cores and memory?
1. Launch BlueStacks 5 and click on the gear icon from the side toolbar.
2. The Settings menu will open up on the Performance tab. Here, you will find the options for CPU allocation and Memory allocation.
3. First, open the drop-down menu for CPU allocation and assign a higher number of CPU cores to BlueStacks 5.
NOTE: Please ensure that virtualization is enabled on your computer to be able to allocate more than 1 core to BlueStacks 5. To know how to enable virtualization, please refer to this article.
If you select the "Custom" option, you can select the exact number of CPU cores you wish to allocate to BlueStacks 5. But, it is advised not to allocate all of your CPU cores to it.
4. Next, open the drop-down menu for Memory allocation and assign more memory to BlueStacks 5.
If you select the "Custom" option, you can type in the exact amount of memory you wish to allocate to BlueStacks 5. The supported range is from 600-4096 MB.
5. Once done, click on the "Save changes" button as shown below.
6. You will be now asked to restart BlueStacks 5 to apply the changes you have made. Click on "Restart now" to proceed.
What is the right number of CPU cores and memory for my BlueStacks?
The amount of memory and number of CPU cores you should allocate is largely dependent on the type of apps you are using.
4 Cores and 4 GB of memory
This is applicable for demanding apps, such as Call of Duty: Mobile, Free Fire, Rise of Kingdoms and many others.
2 Cores and 2 GB of memory
This is suitable for the majority of the apps, such as Among Us, that are not as graphically demanding as the ones listed above.
Thank you for choosing BlueStacks. We hope you enjoy using it. If you have any further questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Happy Gaming!