Why does BlueStacks 5 fail to boot?
If your GPU (graphics card) drivers are outdated, you may face issues while booting BlueStacks 5.
To resolve this, you should update your GPU drivers, scan for and repair any corrupt files on your computer and install the latest Windows updates.
Click on the links below to read about how to:
How can I update the GPU drivers on my computer?
Please click on one of the links below based on your GPU vendor to learn how to update its drivers:
Updating the drivers for Intel GPU:
1. Head over to the official support page for Intel.
2. Here, click on "Download now" to download the Intel Driver and Support assistant, as shown below.
NOTE: If the Intel driver assistant is already installed on your computer, skip to step 4.
3. Click on the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions to install the assistant on your PC.
4. Once the installation is complete, launch the Intel driver assistant to see the list of available updates for your PC. Click on "Download" in front of the driver that you wish to install or select "Download All" to install all the available driver updates.
NOTE: If you do not see any updates available for your computer on the Intel website, you may also check the official support page of your computer's manufacturer such as ASUS, Lenovo etc. for the latest updates.
Updating the drivers for AMD GPU:
1. Visit the official support page for AMD.
2. Here, click on "Download Now" to download the driver installer for AMD, as shown below.
3. Once the download is complete, launch the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions. All the drivers on your computer will be updated automatically.
Updating the drivers for nVIDIA GPU:
1. Search for "GeForce Experience" on your taskbar and open the app from the search results, as shown below.
2. On the GeForce Experience window, select the "Drivers" tab available at the top-left corner.
3. Inside Drivers, select "Check for updates".
4. All the available driver updates for your nVIDIA GPU will be listed under "Available", as shown below.
Click on the "Download" button in front of a driver to install it on your PC.
How can I scan for and repair any corrupt files on my computer?
1. Search for "Command prompt" on your taskbar and select "Run as administrator" from the search results, as shown below.
2. On the Command Prompt screen, type "sfc/scannow" and press Enter. A system scan will start searching for corrupt files on your computer and it may take a few minutes to complete.
3. Once the scan is complete, you will receive a message stating that the corrupt files on your system have been found and automatically repaired.
How can I install the latest updates for Windows on my computer?
1. Search for "updates" on your taskbar and select "Check for updates" from the search results, as shown below.
2. This will open the Windows Update page. Here, click on "Check for updates".
3. Your system will scan for any available updates for Windows on your computer. Once the scan is complete, you will see the list of available updates that you may install.
What if the issue still persists?
If you are still facing issues after following the steps above, please read this article for more possible solutions to resolve this.
Thank you for choosing BlueStacks 5. We hope you enjoy using it. If you have any further questions, please contact us at email@example.com. Happy Gaming!