How will this help?
If the game you want to play requires a specific Android version, you can choose it from the different Android versions available on BlueStacks 5 for running your game.
This detailed guide will explain:
- Which versions of Android are available on BlueStacks 5
- How to choose the Android version for your instance
Which Android versions are available on BlueStacks 5?
BlueStacks 5 lets you create and run the following types of instances:
- Nougat 32-bit (default): This is the Android Nougat 32-bit version that you can use for playing Android games, such as Free Fire and Call of Duty: Mobile. Most games work on this Android version and it is the default.
- Nougat 64-bit: This is the Android Nougat 64-bit version that allows you to play games that are only available on Android 64-bit, such as Teamfight Tactics.
- Pie 64-bit (Beta): This is the Android 9 or Android Pie 64-bit (Beta) version that lets you use apps that run only on Android 8 or Android 9. Genshin Impact and NFS Heat Studio are a few such games.
How can I choose the Android version for an instance?
You can create an instance based on an Android version of your choice by using the Multi-instance Manager. The steps below will guide you on how to do this.
1. Open the "Multi-instance Manager" from the Side toolbar and then, click on "Instance", as shown below.
2. Now, select "Fresh instance".
3. The next screen allows you to select the Android version from a dropdown menu, as shown in the image.
4. If you select a version for the first time, a message will appear asking you to download additional files associated with that Android version, as shown below. Click on "Next" to continue.
5. Now, you will have to customize the instance as per your preference by specifying the following:
- CPU Cores: Specify the number of CPU cores you wish to assign for this instance.
- RAM (MB): Assign the amount of RAM for this instance.
- Resolution: Select the resolution for your instance here.
- ABI setting: Choose the desired ABI libraries for your instance.
- DPI: Allot a DPI from 160, 240 and 320.
- Instance count: You can create one or more instances with the same settings.
NOTE: You will now be able to create new instances with fewer clicks on BlueStacks 5.5 and above as the settings of your last created instance will be saved on the Multi-instance Manager.
6. Click on "Download" to get the additional files for the selected Android version.
7. The instance you have created will now appear in the Multi-instance Manager. You can check the download progress here.
8. If you have already downloaded the additional files in the past, then in Step 6, you will see the "Create" button in place of the "Download" button, as shown below.
9. The instance you have created will now appear in the Multi-instance Manager. Click on "Start" to begin using it.
Have some questions?
Q. What advantages do I get from choosing between Nougat 64-bit and Nougat 32-bit instances?
A. You gain the flexibility of being able to play games designed for Android 64-bit and Android 32-bit.
Q. Which games can I play using Nougat 64-bit and/or Pie 64-bit (Beta) on BlueStacks 5?
A. There are several games that you play on each of these Android versions. For the full list of such games, please refer to this article.
Q. Can I run Pie 64-bit (Beta), Nougat 64-bit and Nougat 32-bit instances at the same time?
A. Yes. You can run any combination of instances at the same time on BlueStacks 5.
Q. Why can't I create a Nougat 64-bit and/or Pie 64-bit (Beta) instance on BlueStacks 5?
A. To create Nougat 64-bit and Pie 64-bit (Beta) instances on BlueStacks 5, your CPU should be:
- For Intel processors: Core i7 (Nehalem), Atom (Silvermont core) or above
- For AMD processors: Bulldozer, Jaguar or above
If your CPU does not meet these requirements, you can explore playing games on Nougat 32-bit. To learn how to create an Android Nougat 32-bit instance on BlueStacks 5, refer to this article.
Q. My laptop/PC has low/average specs. How many instances is it recommended I run at a time?
A. Running numerous instances can affect overall performance. We recommend limiting the number of instances running at one time.
Q. Is there a way to quickly align all the active instances on my desktop?
A. Yes. You can auto-align your active instances by clicking on the "Arrange" button in the Multi-instance Manager window. For details, please refer to this article.
Thank you for choosing BlueStacks 5. We hope you enjoy using it. Happy Gaming!