How will this help?
If the game you want to play requires a specific Android version, you can choose the Android version required by the game on BlueStacks 5. To learn more, click on the links below:
- Different Android versions available on BlueStacks 5
- How to choose the Android version for your instance
- Frequently Asked Questions
NOTE: If Nougat 32-bit is not supported on your Operating System, you can learn how to resolve it by clicking here.
Which Android versions are available on BlueStacks 5?
BlueStacks 5 lets you create and run the following types of instances:
- Nougat 32-bit: This is the Android Nougat 32-bit version that you can use for playing Android games, such as Free Fire and Call of Duty: Mobile.
- Nougat 64-bit: This is the Android Nougat 64-bit version that allows you to play games that are only available on Android 64-bit, such as Teamfight Tactics.
- Pie 64-bit: This is the Android 9 or Android Pie 64-bit version that lets you use apps that run only on Android 8 or Android 9, such as Genshin Impact and NFS Heat Studio.
- Android 11: This is the Android 11 version that lets you play games that are only playable on Android 11, such as WIXOSS LAND -W.I.S.H. in-.
How can I choose the Android version for an instance?
You can create an instance based on an Android version of your choice using the Multi-instance Manager by following the steps given below.
1. Open the "Multi-instance Manager" from the Side toolbar and then do the following:
- Click on "Instance" and then select "Fresh instance"
- Select an Android version from the dropdown menu
NOTE: If you select a version for the first time, a message will appear asking you to download additional files associated with that Android version. Click on "Next" to continue.
2. Customize the instance as per your preference by specifying the following:
- CPU Cores: Specify the number of CPU cores you wish to assign for this instance
- RAM (MB): Assign the amount of RAM for this instance
- Resolution: Select the resolution for your instance here
- ABI setting: Choose the desired ABI libraries for your instance
- DPI: Allot a DPI from 160, 240 and 320
- Instance count: You can create one or more instances with the same settings.
After you've filled out the details, click on "Download" to get the additional files. If you have already downloaded the additional files in the past, you will see a "Create" button.
3. The instance you have created will now appear in the Multi-instance Manager. Click on "Start" to begin using it.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. I'm seeing a "Nougat 32-bit version is not supported by your Operating System" message. What should I do?
A. If you are seeing this message, it could be because Hyper-V is currently enabled on your system. In such as case, you will not be able to create the instance. To resolve this, you will have to disable Hyper-V by following the steps, given in this article.
Q. What advantages do I get from choosing between Nougat 64-bit and Nougat 32-bit instances?
A. You gain the flexibility of being able to play games designed for Android 64-bit and Android 32-bit.
Q. Which games can I play using Nougat 64-bit, Pie 64-bit and/or Android 11 on BlueStacks 5?
A. There are several games that you play on each of these Android versions. For the full list of such games, please refer to this article.
Q. Can I run Android 11, Pie 64-bit, Nougat 64-bit and Nougat 32-bit instances at the same time?
A. Yes. You can run any combination of instances at the same time on BlueStacks 5.
Q. Why can't I create a Nougat 64-bit, Pie 64-bit and/or Android 11 instance on BlueStacks 5?
A. To create Nougat 64-bit, Pie 64-bit and/or Android 11 instances on BlueStacks 5, your CPU should be:
- For Intel processors: Core i7 (Nehalem), Atom (Silvermont core) or above
- For AMD processors: Bulldozer, Jaguar or above
If your CPU does not meet these requirements, you can explore playing games on Nougat 32-bit. To learn how to create an Android Nougat 32-bit instance on BlueStacks 5, refer to this article.
Q. My laptop/PC has low/average specs. How many instances can I run at a time?
A. Since running numerous instances can affect overall performance, we recommend limiting the number of instances running at a time.
Q. Is there a way to quickly align all the active instances on my desktop/laptop?
A. Yes, you can auto-align all or selected active instances by clicking on the "Arrange" icon in the Multi-instance Manager window. For more details, please refer to this article.
Thank you for choosing BlueStacks 5. We hope you enjoy using it. Happy Gaming!