How will this help?
This article will show you how to transfer all your favorite apps along with their data from BlueStacks 4 to BlueStacks 5.
By following the steps in this article, you will not have to download and install your apps again on BlueStacks 5.
The steps below will also work if you want to transfer apps from BlueStacks 4 Nougat 64-bit to BlueStacks 5 Nougat 64-bit. However, you cannot transfer apps from BlueStacks 4 Nougat 32-bit (or Lollipop 32-bit) to BlueStacks 5 64-bit.
NOTE: The tool provided in this article will help you in transferring apps although for each app the steps have to be performed again. You cannot transfer multiple apps at once.
What about my in-game progress?
If the app you want to transfer allows you to sync your in-game progress using a social media account (such as Google or Facebook) then you will have to log into the app on BlueStacks 5 with the same account.
By doing this, your in-game progress will now be synced in BlueStacks 5 and you can continue playing without losing any progress. For more details, please click here.
However, if the app does not allow you to sync your progress with a social media account and instead saves your in-game progress locally, then this will be transferred along with the app data when you follow the steps below.
How can I transfer my apps?
The steps for transferring your apps and their data from BlueStacks 4 to BlueStacks 5 are divided into two parts. They are as follows:
- Taking backup of your apps on BlueStacks 4 using ADB
- Restoring your apps onto BlueStacks 5 using ADB
NOTE: Do not launch or play any games in between these steps.
How to take backup of your apps on BlueStacks 4 using ADB
1. Launch BlueStacks 4 and click on the gear icon to open the Settings menu.
2. Here, click on the Preferences tab and scroll down to the Platform settings.
3. Checkmark the box next to "Enable Android Debug Bridge (ADB)" and click on "Save", as shown below.
4. Note down the last 4 digits given under this setting, as shown below. This is the ADB port for BlueStacks 4 and it will be required later on. In this example, the ADB port is "5555".
5. Now, download and launch this tool for transferring apps from BlueStacks 4 to BlueStacks 5.
6. Click on the "Take Backup from BlueStacks 4" button.
7. Now, enter the ADB port for BlueStacks 4 and click on "Next".
8. Open the drop-down menu and select the game/app you wish to backup. Note down its package name as it will be required in the next section.
In this example, the package name is "com.kakaogames.moonlightgb".
9. Then, click on "Browse" to open the Windows Explorer and select the location where you wish to save this backup.
10. After you have selected the location, click on the "Backup" button to save a copy of the selected app and its data.
NOTE: The backup process will take a few minutes depending on the size of the app. Please wait accordingly and do not exit the application.
You will then get the message "Game Backup taken successfully!" once the process is complete.
How to restore your apps onto BlueStacks 5 using ADB
1. Close BlueStacks 4 and launch BlueStacks 5 on your PC. Here, click on the gear icon to access the Settings menu.
2. Head to the "Advanced" tab. Here, enable the "Android Debug Bridge" by toggling the slider next to it and click on the "Save changes" button.
3. Now, note down the last 4 digits under the "Android debug bridge", as shown below. This is the ADB port for BlueStacks 5 and it will be required later on. In this example, the ADB port is "5555".
4. Open the tool for transferring apps from BlueStacks 4 to BlueStacks 5 and click on "Restore app data to BlueStacks".
5. Enter the ADB port you had noted above for BlueStacks 5 and click on "Next".
6. Click on "Browse" to open the Windows Explorer and navigate to the location where you had saved the app data in step 9 of "How to take backup of your apps on BlueStacks 4 using ADB".
7. Here, select the package name for the app you had noted in step 8 of "How to take backup of your apps on BlueStacks 4 using ADB".
8. Next, click on the "Restore" button, as shown below
9. The selected app will now be transferred from BlueStacks 4 to BlueStacks 5, along with all of its app data.
Thank you for choosing BlueStacks, we hope you enjoy using it. If you have any further questions, please contact us at email@example.com. Happy Gaming!